The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

7 hours ago, milton75 said:

Gonald Underland?

Might watch Don't Look Now. He was superb.

That film scared the shit out of me when I went to see it when I was at Aberdeen Uni.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That film scared the shit out of me when I went to see it when I was at Aberdeen Uni.

Agreed - definitely make it into my top 5 scary movies of all time.  

ETA - Possibly my top 5 (ahem) Erotic movies of all time as well come to think of it. 

Edited by hk blues

12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Very sad.to hear, Donald Sutherland was one of the greatest Canadian actors of all time.  Such incredible talent and range

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jun/20/donald-sutherland-filmography

"Donald Sutherland was an utterly unique actor and irreplaceable star: possessed of a distinctive leonine handsomeness that the white beard of his latter years only made more majestic: watchful, cerebral, charismatic, with a refinement to his screen acting technique comparable perhaps only to Paul Scofield and his Canadian background (together with his early stage training and experience in England and Scotland) gave his American roles a certain touch of Anglo-international class. Sutherland was commanding and exacting, he gave each of his roles and films something special: he addressed his co-stars and the camera itself from a position of strength."

21 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Very sad.to hear, Donald Sutherland was one of the greatest Canadian actors of all time.  Such incredible talent and range

I think you are forgetting the true Canadian acting greats, William Shatner and James Doohan.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I think you are forgetting the true Canadian acting greats, William Shatner and James Doohan.

Hence why I said "one of"  We have had a lot of acting greats

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Those two couldn’t lace John Candy’s boots. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Those two couldn’t lace John Candy’s boots. 

As good as Candy and Sutherland were, neither were good enough to be offered a role in an episode of Star Trek. Not even a cameo.

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

As good as Candy and Sutherland were, neither were good enough to be offered a role in an episode of Star Trek. Not even a cameo.

That will definitely be a thing of pride for them to avoid that horseshite. . 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

.. and who was the villain in Star Trek VI?