Reacher

LIVIFOREVER

Looked back a couple of pages and couldn't see a thread on Reacher, new season has started. Think i'll let it build a bit more, only one episode a week and up to ep 3, not enough for me to binge it.

Not read the books but i think this is how he's meant to look, and not the short arse version Tom Cruise plays. Ritchson is 6.3" and build like a tank.

5 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Really enjoyed season 1 so am looking forward to 2. Never read any of the books. 

The books are well worth reading.

Whether you would enjoy them as much after watching the TV series I don't know.

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looked back a couple of pages and couldn't see a thread on Reacher, new season has started. Think i'll let it build a bit more, only one episode a week and up to ep 3, not enough for me to binge it.

Not read the books but i think this is how he's meant to look, and not the short arse version Tom Cruise plays. Ritchson is 6.3" and build like a tank.

That is how Reacher is supposed to look. Maybe even taller, definitely built like a tank.

On 16/12/2023 at 11:10, Jacksgranda said:

The books are well worth reading.

Whether you would enjoy them as much after watching the TV series I don't know.

Might give the books a read, not an avid reader but if i get into something i can't put it down, and Reacher sounds like something i'd enjoy.

13 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Season 1 was good fun, season 2 has started well and im enjoying it but something feels "off" i cant put my finger on it, just feels like something isn't right 

I know what you mean. Season 1 was as good an adaptation of the book as it was possible to get, and it's hard to see how it could have been improved. I'm enjoying season 2 as well so far, don't get me wrong, but some of the characters just don't seem quite right, in particular the New York cop.

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I know what you mean. Season 1 was as good an adaptation of the book as it was possible to get, and it's hard to see how it could have been improved. I'm enjoying season 2 as well so far, don't get me wrong, but some of the characters just don't seem quite right, in particular the New York cop.

I think for me it's actually reacher

Spoiler

In season 1 he was a hands on guy till the end, barely a gun at times, beating people up instead (the prison scene etc) but now we see him storming a house going in with a gun like a SWAT officer etc, to me it doesn't feel like Reacher, its like he suddenly has skills he never had, or if he did they never showed them

I'll still watch it though, enjoyable enough to push my doubts to the side 

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

I think for me it's actually reacher

That's true to the books too. He's an award-winning sniper and an expert with small arms as well. Maybe the fact that they jumped so many books isn't helping.

Spoiler

I'm also not convinced that Dixon should be quite so adept at kicking the shit out of armed assassins either. She's an accountant, for f**k's sake 😉

On 18/12/2023 at 21:45, Doctor Manhattan said:

That's true to the books too. He's an award-winning sniper and an expert with small arms as well. Maybe the fact that they jumped so many books isn't helping.

Hide contents

I'm also not convinced that Dixon should be quite so adept at kicking the shit out of armed assassins either. She's an accountant, for f**k's sake 😉

Aye in the Tom Cruise Reacher's he's a top sniper, used to be one of the best in the world.

Always find it silly in films when folk with guns always seem to get involved in fist fights, much easier just to shoot the c***s. That Indiana Jones film when Harrison Ford is confronted with a sword swirling maniac, and he just pulls out his gun and shoots him is a brilliant scene, FAF as it is a one off, going against the grain in how these things get scripted.

In Kung fu films they usually dodge bullets or even deflect them, but you expect silly shit in those kind of films.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye in the Tom Cruise Reacher's he's a top sniper, used to be one of the best in the world.

Always find it silly in films when folk with guns always seem to get involved in fist fights, much easier just to shoot the c***s. That Indiana Jones film when Harrison Ford is confronted with a sword swirling maniac, and he just pulls out his gun and shoots him is a brilliant scene, FAF as it is a one off, going against the grain in how these things get scripted.

In Kung fu films they usually dodge bullets or even deflect them, but you expect silly shit in those kind of films.

Apparently that was meant to be a big fight scene but Harrison Ford had a migraine or something so they just changed it for him to shoot him. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Apparently that was meant to be a big fight scene but Harrison Ford had a migraine or something so they just changed it for him to shoot him. 

🤣 Worked out well, brilliant scene.

The Samual L Jackson character in the Kingsman is another one, Maybe better put this in a spoiler and not waste other film scenes.😂

Spoiler

nah i'm not doing the James Bond shit giving you a chance to escape, and just shoots him in the head.

37 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They didnt change anything, apparent Ford was, as you said, feeling unwell (think it was a sickness bug) and didnt feel up to an intense and heavy going sword fight, so he did the gun bit and the director etc loved it and felt it was a good showing of indys character that they kept it lol

Loved that scene