Livingston v St Johnstone 27/12/23

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looks like Nouble at wing back? 

Aye, it may be that the thinking behind that selection is that when Nouble is up the park he’s typically doubled up on and having to play with someone behind and in front of him. Possibly with him coming from a (much) deeper area the idea is that he’ll be able to face people up. Also, Nouble can carry the ball so we could get out of defensive areas with some control over possession. I’m not saying that it’s a brilliant ploy or not.

Edited by crispy

GCYBWRJXkAA2Mmn.thumb.jpeg.01f996c115a940a72a6a8a493c85e784.jpeg

Yeah we're fucked.

Brown has cost us a goal in literally every game this season and Olufunwa couldnt read a simple cross against Rangers and gave them a tap in.

Hopefully Carey has a knock too, as dropping him to play either Kucheriavyi or May instead is insane.

Hate this fascination all our managers have with a back five. Starting to worry that Kucheriavyi is undroppable due to being a Levein prodigy too.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

GCYBWRJXkAA2Mmn.thumb.jpeg.01f996c115a940a72a6a8a493c85e784.jpeg

Yeah we're fucked.

Brown has cost us a goal in literally every game this season and Olufunwa couldnt read a simple cross against Rangers and gave them a tap in.

Hopefully Carey has a knock too, as dropping him to play either Kucheriavyi or May instead is insane.

Hate this fascination all our managers have with a back five. Starting to worry that Kucheriavyi is undroppable due to being a Levein prodigy too.

Clark has scored some spectacular goals for you guys though, right? With shamal on goals and a wet night I can see something audacious being fruitful / comical. I think he’s better than he’s been performing recently which has included simple errors.

Edited by crispy

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

Clark has scored some spectacular goals for you guys though, right? With shamal on goals and a wet night I can see something audacious being fruitful / comical. I think he’s better than he’s been performing recently which has included simple errors.

Dont think so? Its mostly poachers finishes really. Most this season been headers from set plays.

Will Nouble be playing on the right? He'll absolutely dominate our left side of defence if so, Rooney-esque situation at crosses to the back post too.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Will Nouble be playing on the right? He'll absolutely dominate our left side of defence if so, Rooney-esque situation at crosses to the back post too.

Looks like RWB. Nouble hasn’t dominated anyone for a very long time. Not sure how he’s got such a hold on Martindale to keep getting picked every week. It’s astounding.

Just now, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I'm just hoping it's 3 up top with 4 at the back with Nottingham at RB. 

Nouble has been useless of late but at RWB he is an absolute waste of space.

I think a waste of space is harsh or at least I’d use that phrase if it’s his own doing which may be what you are getting at i.e. tools down, not trying.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont think so? Its mostly poachers finishes really. Most this season been headers from set plays.

Hmm, must be mistaken then. A bit of guile could out fox us. 
If Nouble could become our main goal threat from RWB than I’d be very pleased. Rooney headers in both cup finals 🥲

Sounds like we’ve been hit by a sickness bug in the squad which has meant that we’re forced into playing Brown and Olafunwa. Not ideal by any means, but shows that we need to bring someone in on that right hand side asap. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Sounds like we’ve been hit by a sickness bug in the squad which has meant that we’re forced into playing Brown and Olafunwa. Not ideal by any means, but shows that we need to bring someone in on that right hand side asap. 

Absolutely but also a chance for some, (Stevie May), to step it up.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I hate this pitch.

Aye its ruining this game.

Ball just flying across it and even Livi players are struggling to stay balanced.

A sad day that May falling down there, when the alternative was a 25 yard run 1v1 with the keeper, is one youre looking at and thinking hes probably dived rather than being fouled at.