Livingston v St Johnstone 27/12/23

11 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I'm comparing him with our recent keepers. If its judging him against the money spent on him, you might be right to be disappointed, I hadn't considered it from that angle before.

On crosses, Stryjek was worse for being glued to his line then McCrorie would do things like palm them down onto Greg Kiltie's foot. George is an upgrade on both of them with claiming crosses despite not being especially commanding. He has dropped some but it looked to me like "controlled drops", if thats a thing, as it was mostly done away from opposition players and at least didn't lead to any goals.

On shot stopping George is a downgrade on Stryjek.

I maintain George's strength is at one on ones, he's rarely beaten in those.

His kicking is just "fine". Not particularly effective but bar the occasional error, safe.

Hamilton might be better, I'm open to that possibility, I just haven't seen enough of him yet to give a confident opinion either way.

Did Shamal not drop a cross to Boyle in the 3-2 win at Easter Road? 

Definitely better than the other two but McCrorie is widely regarded as a joke figure at Livi, Stryjek was playing pished half the time. One of the issues wth one on ones being his strong points is that we don't allow for many of them by playing the defensive line that we do, not very often do our lines get broken so he can't win people over with those.

I think Hamilton just has more traditional strong points that make him look like a safer option, he does the basics really well without being a ball playing sweeper keeper - which at this point is maybe something this team really needs. Back to basics and simplify everything. Always the worry he has a clanger in him though.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Did Shamal not drop a cross to Boyle in the 3-2 win at Easter Road? 

Definitely better than the other two but McCrorie is widely regarded as a joke figure at Livi, Stryjek was playing pished half the time. One of the issues wth one on ones being his strong points is that we don't allow for many of them by playing the defensive line that we do, not very often do our lines get broken so he can't win people over with those.

I think Hamilton just has more traditional strong points that make him look like a safer option, he does the basics really well without being a ball playing sweeper keeper - which at this point is maybe something this team really needs. Back to basics and simplify everything. Always the worry he has a clanger in him though.

He did, aye. It wasn't an aerial cross so I'd discounted it but it was a fumble straight to the opponent from a low cross and it cost us a goal. He was very lucky we had a two goal cushion at that point.

Funny you say that about the one on ones as I've though that before too - it's not a strength we particularly need from our keeper given we so rarely play a high defensive line.

Weather in Perth absolutely awful at the moment. Blowing a hoolie and pishing doon. I know that Livvy have an “all weather surface “ but if this weather continues any chance this could be off? Not looking forward to driving through in those conditions. 

Never have understood why we cancel games because of underfoot conditions but ignore overhead conditions. Doesn’t exactly make for open, exciting football (yes, I know it’s Livvy v Saints so that’s unlikely anyway)

26 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Weather in Perth absolutely awful at the moment. Blowing a hoolie and pishing doon. I know that Livvy have an “all weather surface “ but if this weather continues any chance this could be off? Not looking forward to driving through in those conditions. 

Never have understood why we cancel games because of underfoot conditions but ignore overhead conditions. Doesn’t exactly make for open, exciting football (yes, I know it’s Livvy v Saints so that’s unlikely anyway)

Its virtually the same down here.Freezing cold yesterday then wind and rain this morning.Both sets of supporters should wrap up well tonight.Dont think the game will be in any danger tonight,unless of course there's the obligatory pitch inspection solely for flooding pre match.🤷‍♂️.

Livingston v St Johnstone on a Wednesday night in the middle of winter.

0-0, 0 shots, 3 yellow cards, 2568 in attendance.

Scottish football heritage.

Nonsensical line up from the manager, dreadful performance over the ninety minutes, Levein standing there all game with a face that just screams “You seem upset” as his team snatch the points late on, leading to outrage behind the home dug out and the manager wanting to go battling with someone. 

It’s what Santa would have wanted. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Livingston v St Johnstone on a Wednesday night in the middle of winter.

0-0, 0 shots, 3 yellow cards, 2568 in attendance.

Scottish football heritage.

A shitfest goal either way at most.

At least 4 yellows.

I’m going with 1700 in attendance (although was initially drawn towards 1800). 

A managerial resignation, namely Derek Adams.

3 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Is there any chance this gets called off to prevent St Johnstone fans travelling? 

Aberdeen vs Motherwell just been postponed due to road conditions. It's not too bad weather wise in West Lothian. 

Doubt it. Its the A9 causing the bother for Aberdeen and Ross County fans in the two games off isn't it? 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doubt it. Its the A9 causing the bother for Aberdeen and Ross County fans in the two games off isn't it? 

A9 for sure the issue for county but think the A90 from Dundee to Aberdeen has been completely closed. I know it's not a road Saints will be using was just a question as I was unsure of what it's like in Perth and surrounding areas currently. 

Just now, Livi La Vida Loca said:

A9 for sure the issue for county but think the A90 from Dundee to Aberdeen has been completely closed. I know it's not a road Saints will be using was just a question as I was unsure of what it's like in Perth and surrounding areas currently. 

The closure is north of Dundee

https://www.traffic.gov.scot/more-details?sid=c377918&type=incidents 

The only issue saints fans could have is on the return as there is a north bound flood on the M90 at Glenfarg but by 11pm that should have gone