Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

I've shown great restraint by leaving it a FULL DAY before my Hibs.net popcorn session after our latest crushing of Hibernian's silly wee dreams.

Personal favourite, among the usual "they're dead jammy, it's no' fayur" was, in reference to the Heart of Midlothian.

"They ruin my life"

We know, tramps. We know.

Untitled.jpg.7afca33fced2299046380b53eb91e3ce.jpg

Edited by VincentGuerin

5 hours ago, stressball said:

Morons. Idiots at any Scottish fitba game are usually identified by their waving of a Union Jack. The knuckleheads in Hearts' support are no different. Ditto Hibs. Why on earth would a team with the name Hibernian have green UJs ffs?

I think the difference here is that in Edinburgh, it's a minority. At Ibrox, you have tens of thousands singing this shite.

Edited by Crùbag

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We don't have anyone else scoring just now I agree, but I also think while maybe not being as consistent,  we'd not fall to bits without him.

We are set up to supply Shankland which is absolutely sensible. But it means guys like Vargas and Tagawa get little exposure to playing as actual strikers. I think if Shankland left and we played Boyce up top with Tagawa/Vargas we'd still score goals.

Yeah, with defence being sorted the worst we'd do is get more draws. I like Boyce and his play is important. He's no finisher like Shanks though. The jury is out on the other two but I don't hold much hope for them.

In other years we had more midfielders and even defenders pitching in with a few goals each. Shame our our current lot can't add to Shank's haul. The shooting ability across the board seems poor though. Have seen Beni with 2 or 3 shots from the edge of the box in recent games and he skied them all. Surely any footballer should have the ability to hit the target with at least some of his shots?!

I left this thread at page 21, can someone give me a Tl;Dr of pages 22-25?

As it seems to have become the official "is Shankland leaving Thread" the answer is probably not now that Rangers have signed David Silva. I think (bizzarely) he'd suit a move to Celtic more.

Anyway it's not gonna happen. 

Aside - I don't understand why Rowles wasn't at least booked for his penalty conceded. 

That said, having seen the highlights, although on the radio Hibs sounded like they were all over Hearts, most of the chances they created (bar the penalty incident really) weren't massively dangerous.

I really liked the look of Tavares, and frustrating as he is Youann is a decent player.

£7k/week for a friendly-fire hatchet man is seriously funny.... Almost as funny as accidentally signing a player

On the subject of that - watching it back, I do feel for Bushiri as it wasn't the worst mistake in the world, and Shankland still had a helluva lot to do from there. Yes, it wouldn't have been a chance, but there were still 2 defenders and a keeper to beat. 5% Bushiri whoopsie/95% Shankland brilliance 

Really does seem like beaton gave Rowles the BOTD, but Zander was right behind him anticipating the shot

Also Rowles was turning from right back to left a bit, so the arms were part of a balancing manoeuvre

One or both of these things made beaton decide just the penalty

Some may argue it was just because it was a derby; that in another game it would've been a red

Don't know, though; would certainly be interesting to see that part of his report