Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

Shouldn't bother me, but reading the thread back and the amount of c***s from clubs like Falkirk greeting about these games annoy me. It's not new, the nerves and occasions regularly make this game bitty as f**k, sometimes you get a cracker, but often not. You know what you're getting, don't watch if expecting El Clasico.

On the game I thought we were the better team but really lacked in the final third. 

No better feeling than a late goal in a Derby, absolutely sensational scenes in the away end. I have a burst calf from celebrating but will take it every time.

Each passing week Shankland's value to us goes up.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“Now or never” seems a strange choice of phrase. As things stand he’s a free agent in 2025

I said it could be. In two years he's 30. Rangers could have moved on by then. 

It wouldn't be the first case of a player downing tools.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

I said it could be. In two years he's 30. Rangers could have moved on by then

They're going bust AGAIN!? 

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

Just now, Derry Alli said:

I said it could be. In two years he's 30. Rangers could have moved on by then. 

He's got a place in the national squad to play for, he's not going to be downing tools. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Shouldn't bother me, but reading the thread back and the amount of c***s from clubs like Falkirk greeting about these games annoy me. It's not new, the nerves and occasions regularly make this game bitty as f**k, sometimes you get a cracker, but often not. You know what you're getting, don't watch if expecting El Clasico.

On the game I thought we were the better team but really lacked in the final third. 

No better feeling than a late goal in a Derby, absolutely sensational scenes in the away end. I have a burst calf from celebrating but will take it every time.

Each passing week Shankland's value to us goes up.

The game was exceptionally shite though, even by Edinburgh derby standards the quality was laughably low, particularly when you compare it to the 2-2 draw earlier in the season. I wouldn't expect a Hearts fan to care about that given that you won, but both teams had a major off night last night.

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

Rangers fans need to get it through their cretinous skulls that unless they cough up closer to £10m, Shankland won't be going anywhere in January. Alas, they are a bunch of utter tramps, so they won't.

This ain't ~2010 where Hearts are toiling for cash and urgently need to sell. We have no reason to, and he is clearly happy enough at present. The board also know they are under pressure after the recent AGM and won't entertain anything other than silly money.

Nor can he afford to down tools and/or chuck the toys out the pram to try and force a move if he hopes to be on the plane to Germany, let alone push to start as Scotland's number nine in the summer.

The ball is firmly in Heart of Midlothian's court. Unlucky.

£10m for a player with no pace and who  would struggle against low block teams like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, I had a wee chuckle at that.

If sign a striker during this window it'll be a loan deal and that's it. Shankland is perfectly safe at Hearts.

Just now, Mr. X said:

He's got a place in the national squad to play for, he's not going to be downing tools. 

Yep. It's a unique situation.  His value to Hearts is more than it is to Rangers and he has a squad place to fight for. I can see them trying their usual and trying to unsettle him and hoping to get him on a lower fee but it won't work and if they don't pay up he doesn't have much choice but to carry on.

Just now, bennett said:

£10m for a player with no pace and who  would struggle against low block teams like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, I had a wee chuckle at that.

If sign a striker during this window it'll be a loan deal and that's it. Shankland is perfectly safe at Hearts.

You think Hearts don't face teams with a low block? Usual slavers from you.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The game was exceptionally shite though, even by Edinburgh derby standards the quality was laughably low, particularly when you compare it to the 2-2 draw earlier in the season. I wouldn't expect a Hearts fan to care about that given that you won, but both teams had a major off night last night.

I know it was poor. It often is, as I say you get some great games, but often nerves take over. But it's not new, I've seen worse and every time we play the match thread is full of folk moaning about it. It's boring, just switch over if you're not enjoying it.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers fans say this when they sign players with pace too as there’s no space in behind. 

could it be that rangers are just a very mediocre side for the money they pay?

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

You think Hearts don't face teams with a low block? Usual slavers from you.

Usually it's Hearts playing the low block.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Rangers fans say this when they sign players with pace too as there’s no space in behind. 

could it be that rangers are just a very mediocre side for the money they pay?

Lammers and Dessers are renowned for their pace tbf.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Lammers and Dessers are renowned for their pace tbf.

I think you just tried to be funny then got confused about your point. It’s ok, it happens. Not holding it against you. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

1. No it isn't.

2. His strength is sniffing out chances in the box; ideal for playing against a deep defence. He has no pace whatsoever to exploit a high line.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you just tried to be funny then got confused about your point. It’s ok, it happens. Not holding it against you. 

I apologise for the wee dig at Aberdeen, it wasn't meant to upset anyone.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'll take that as you admitting you're talking absolute shite then. 

Hearts are mostly a low block team, Shankland would struggle with his lack of pace against the low blockers and no one is paying £10m for him.

Enjoy your win and chill out a bit.

Just now, DC92 said:

1. No it isn't.

2. His strength is sniffing out chances in the box; ideal for playing against a deep defence. He has no pace whatsoever to exploit a high line.

Like a 3rd rate Kris Boyd basically. We've got a defender who is usually more prolific infront of goal tbh.