Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Exactly what I’m worried about. Watson has been possible for weeks but is always left out. IS Matthews healthy? We just don’t know.

Mathews is either not right yet or hes not in Murrays plans or pure speculation on my part hes on one of those McGlynn contracts

That goal has gone absolutely viral.  Clearly we just exist for social media clicks these days.  A few weeks back we punted beloved "character" Dick Campbell, last week we had someone sent off after getting in a fight with his own teammate, today, we've gone global after having our sub keeper scoring a proper worldie.  Get those highlights up, and get someone to interview Adams!

Mr Murray's post match interview is out and he no happy. 

We were short in midfield today so  we realistically should have put McGill or Matthews in there. Even if we only got an hour out of him starting or half an hour off the bench it might have been enough to see out the game. Vaughan can't play that deep and for me Smith has been off it lately despite his great start to the season. 

That wonder goal should never have happened regardless if he's a sub goalie you do not give anyone that much time and space on the ball to even try it

We should have targeted him as their weakest link instead we were complacent and just let him wander about, after that we just shat the bed and invited pressure. 

Fair fucks to Arbroath for digging that out. 

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Another thing I don’t understand is sitting in the away end and seeing rivers fans piling out the ground. Have t you lot won a ridiculous amount of points late in games? 

Us fitba fans are comically fickle aren’t we? Raith having their best season for decades, unexpectedly top of the league, winning week after week with dramatic last minute winners and playing excellent, exciting football. Two draws in a row and it’s suddenly doom and gloom and their fans are starting to get twitchy.

Not having a go at Raith fans at all, we’re all the same and we went through it 2 seasons ago. Just look at Celtic a couple of weeks ago - draw v Motherwell and lose v Killie and you would have thought they were bottom of L2.

Yes it’s a wee blip for Rovers but they’re still top and on a great run. Today was a freak game and 99/100 times they would have won that fairly comfortably. Makes up for the smash and grab at Gayfield a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Lastly, and I could be in the minority here, but the Rovers fans becoming rugby-esque and applauding Ali Adams goal was by some margin the most annoying part of the afternoon. 

Have to disagree with you Shaughan, at the time I think most didn't immediately realise it was the sub keeper who scored. Think the applause was for 1. an absolute belter and 2. the sub goalie who was lapping it up.  Also at the time I reckon most thought it would be a consolation goal at best, which it really should have been. We could easily have been 4 or 5 up before that went in.

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_0016.jpeg

Thought that was daft considering he was actually applauded on to the pitch and subsequently applauded for scoring by our fans tbh. Some strike though. The clip online doesn't show the movement of the ball, it was an absolute thundercunt of a hit. 

It's a game we would have won if it wasn't for said thundercunt. Arbroath weren't in it up till that point. It won't define our season but I think the last two games show where our weaknesses are and it's something I hope to see rectified on Tuesday. 

Just now, grumswall said:

Thought that was daft considering he was actually applauded on to the pitch and subsequently applauded for scoring by our fans tbh. Some strike though. The clip online doesn't show the movement of the ball, it was an absolute thundercunt of a hit. 

It's a game we would have won if it wasn't for said thundercunt. Arbroath weren't in it up till that point. It won't define our season but I think the last two games show where our weaknesses are and it's something I hope to see rectified on Tuesday. 

A reaction to Easton scoring and doing it front of the Arbroath support. Well I hope it was anyway 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

A reaction to Easton scoring and doing it front of the Arbroath support. Well I hope it was anyway 

It is what it is and can't exactly complain the guy celebrating but just a weird celebration to our fans when you've been applauded on the pitch by them 😂

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

It is what it is and can't exactly complain the guy celebrating but just a weird celebration to our fans when you've been applauded on the pitch by them 😂

Either way. Get it so far up Dylan Easton!

2nd time Iv seen Rovers this season and not overly impressed. Midfield seems a bit soft. I don’t know if that’s just when we’ve played them. Maybe just 2 off days. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

He's just scored on his championship debut, which is a bit unexpected for a goalkeeper. I'm sure we can all cut him a bit of slack for his celebrations! 😅

6 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Have to disagree with you Shaughan, at the time I think most didn't immediately realise it was the sub keeper who scored. Think the applause was for 1. an absolute belter and 2. the sub goalie who was lapping it up.  Also at the time I reckon most thought it would be a consolation goal at best, which it really should have been. We could easily have been 4 or 5 up before that went in.

Agreed. I gave a wee polite clap to acknowledge the absolute fucking worldie of a goal by a guy who shouldn’t even get to take his tracksuit off in the majority of games. 

If I thought it would be the start of a comeback rather than a freak consolation I wouldn’t have bothered. 

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, that’s two performances in a row that have been really poor, and while conceding a goal from 35 yards to a substitute goalkeeper is very funny, it shouldn’t mask the fact we were quite simply set up wrong. 

Other than a 15 minute spell in the second half, I didn't think we were ever in control of that game, and were a bit lucky to be a goal up at the interval.

I thought Ian Murray panicked very early last week against Ayr, and changed the system immediately when we went 3-2 down, but it felt like he panicked before kick off in this one. 

Big Barry Smith vibes with the, “let’s move Lewis Vaughan further away from goal” and predictably, it really didn’t work  

A 4-1-3-2 with Vaughan playing deep felt like a strange move, and despite that, we almost got away with it, despite being poor, but in all honesty we really didn’t deserve three points  

Calm down, set up the players in a way which suits them, and deviate from that if we’re struggling. 

Fingers crossed Stanton is back soon too, as were a far poorer outfit without him. 

Lastly, and I could be in the minority here, but the Rovers fans becoming rugby-esque and applauding Ali Adams goal was by some margin the most annoying part of the afternoon. 

“Hullo” 

Put that goal in your tv show. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Either way. Get it so far up Dylan Easton!

2nd time Iv seen Rovers this season and not overly impressed. Midfield seems a bit soft. I don’t know if that’s just when we’ve played them. Maybe just 2 off days. 

It's easily two of our worst performances this season. Bar the game at Tannadice, I'm not sure we've actually played very well in December. Reality check perhaps. 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

He's just scored on his championship debut, which is a bit unexpected for a goalkeeper. I'm sure we can all cut him a bit of slack for his celebrations! 😅

I applauded the guy scoring it, can't blame him celebrating in the slightest. 

The most battling performance Iv seen in 18-20 months. Every player out there gave absolutely everything. Thats a team who wants to play for the manager. 

Il also add I hope the Arbroath supporter who took unwell is in a better way. Hats off to the supporters who went over to check he was ok. We really do have a wonderful support 

55 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's easily two of our worst performances this season. Bar the game at Tannadice, I'm not sure we've actually played very well in December. Reality check perhaps. 

Nah, my fault. They started slipping when I said I was coming and then this! Look out, Pars, I’m gone…