Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

Just now, pub car king said:

Despite the result which was still a draw I hope you had a good trip. 

Exhausted and disappointed we didn’t hold on. But, excellent to be in Stark’s Park again after so long away, great atmosphere up until that Kleptomaniac Keeper hit that shot, and a nice (short) break.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nah, my fault. They started slipping when I said I was coming and then this! Look out, Pars, I’m gone…

When are you away back state side? Thought it was a nice touch by the club giving yourself and the other people who had travelled a shout out, even if doing it a minute before halftime was baffling. 

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Have to disagree with you Shaughan, at the time I think most didn't immediately realise it was the sub keeper who scored. Think the applause was for 1. an absolute belter and 2. the sub goalie who was lapping it up.  Also at the time I reckon most thought it would be a consolation goal at best, which it really should have been. We could easily have been 4 or 5 up before that went in.

My immediate reaction was “this feels like a very bad thing,” and I definitely didn’t think it was just a wee consolation effort. 

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Us fitba fans are comically fickle aren’t we? Raith having their best season for decades, unexpectedly top of the league, winning week after week with dramatic last minute winners and playing excellent, exciting football. Two draws in a row and it’s suddenly doom and gloom and their fans are starting to get twitchy.

Not having a go at Raith fans at all, we’re all the same and we went through it 2 seasons ago. Just look at Celtic a couple of weeks ago - draw v Motherwell and lose v Killie and you would have thought they were bottom of L2.

Yes it’s a wee blip for Rovers but they’re still top and on a great run. Today was a freak game and 99/100 times they would have won that fairly comfortably. Makes up for the smash and grab at Gayfield a few weeks ago.

Exactly this

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

And there are folk who will sit there with a straight face and tell you scottish football is shite.

Add this to the "scottish football is unrivalled" list.

Fair fucking play 👏

It's an absolute top-drawer strike, had that been scored in the OF game today Kenny Mac would have just blown up.  For a goalkeeper, thrust on because the only other option was playing with 10 men, it's not only an unbelievable strike but an unbelievable story.

Last time similar happened was when Hull City (before all sorts of money was thrown at them) had to bring on their NI international keeper Alan Fettis and fling him up front.  He scored, so they started him next game and he scored again.  Fairly certain neither of those goals was 30-odd yard howitzers though!

Highlights up on Facebook.

That's some strike from the sub keeper

Kev just a fraction too far off his line but take nothing away from the goalscorer. He'd not do that again out of another 99 attempts.

We wasted a lot of chances (especially early on ) despite scoring two.

Jack Hamilton didn't look too happy at either of the goals. Was he playing things down because it was against Arbroath?

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Some accent that! 

How was his pie though? 

5 minutes ago, DD11 said:

Thought the first couple of minutes of Murray’s post match epic interview is disrespectful to Adams and Arbroath.

It wasn't though tbh. 

Just now, embow said:

Highlights up on Facebook.

That's some strike from the sub keeper

Kev just a fraction too far off his line but take nothing away from the goalscorer. He'd not do that again out of another 99 attempts.

We wasted a lot of chances (especially early on ) despite scoring two.

Jack Hamilton didn't look too happy at either of the goals. Was he playing things down because it was against Arbroath?

He wasn't happy with his own performance today at all. Could see he was frustrated with his touch etc more and more as the game went on. 

Just watched the highlights - that goal looks better every time I see it, no way was the keeper saving that. Would have loved to have seen it from behind the goal.

I thought Rovers’ first goal looked like it might have been offside but it’s good to see the officials giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team so no complaints…. and better than having the dreaded VAR ruining the game.

Also thought we had a good shout for a penalty in the first half but understand why it wasn’t given. The penalty we did get was a stonewaller imo, heading for the top corner and well spotted by the ref, but again, I would have understood if the ref had missed it.

So much fight (sometimes literally too much) in this team now.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Steele? looked to take a sore one out of nothing. Hopefully nothing too serious. 

Manager said that neither of our centre backs trained this week, both were walking wounded, but played because we had nobody else.  The fact that both went off injured makes me worry about who we're going to be lining up with next week.  

Wee team don’t actually believe they are serious title contenders, surely?

United have every advantage available and even scoring late goals just about every single week has only kept you level pegging. Luck like that will always turn.

Still, a very good chance to compete in the play-off final and relegate Aberdeen.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wee team don’t actually believe they are serious title contenders, surely?

United have every advantage available and even scoring late goals just about every single week has only kept you level pegging. Luck like that will always turn.

Still, a very good chance to compete in the play-off final and relegate Aberdeen.

We will win the championship. Feel free to quote me on that when we do it.