Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

It is horrible if he has spat at Celtic fans and as mentioned, should deserve an additional ban. However, has he actually spat at them?

You can see he is spitting off to the side without question, but don’t the Celtic fans sit above the tunnel at Celtic Park? If you consider the video below, he spits off to the side. The picture of the tunnel below shows he’d need to spit up the way to target a Celtic fan given how close he is to the tunnel. It’s happened right in front of a Celtic official as well and they don’t seem to have made any reaction to it. 

I’m not denying it if he has, which would be abhorrent, but it does seem reasonable that he could have just spat against the wall.

IMG_2606.jpeg

Not seeing anything there.

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

It is horrible if he has spat at Celtic fans and as mentioned, should deserve an additional ban. However, has he actually spat at them?

You can see he is spitting off to the side without question, but don’t the Celtic fans sit above the tunnel at Celtic Park? If you consider the video below, he spits off to the side. The picture of the tunnel below shows he’d need to spit up the way to target a Celtic fan given how close he is to the tunnel. It’s happened right in front of a Celtic official as well and they don’t seem to have made any reaction to it. 

I’m not denying it if he has, which would be abhorrent, but it does seem reasonable that he could have just spat against the wall.

IMG_2606.jpeg

Just like the Bernardo/Goldson challenge you backpedalled on it’s all about the angles.

if spitting against the wall why would you look up and do it?

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Just like the Bernardo/Goldson challenge you backpedalled on it’s all about the angles.

He lifts his head aye, but that’s because it was already facing down the way. That’s actually a better angle to show the Celtic fans are above head height and the video I posted shows he spits sideways 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

He lifts his head aye, but that’s because it was already facing down the way. That’s actually a better angle to show the Celtic fans are above head height and the video I posted shows he spits sideways 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Frustrated World Cup GIF

You don’t think the video I posted clearly shows him spitting sideways rather than upwards?

Again, no complaints if he has indeed spat on a Celtic fan, I just think it seems like there is reasonable doubt as to where he is spitting. Add in the fact there seems to be no reaction from any Celtic official.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

You don’t think the video I posted clearly shows him spitting sideways rather than upwards?

Again, no complaints if he has indeed spat on a Celtic fan, I just think it seems like there is reasonable doubt as to where he is spitting. Add in the fact there seems to be no reaction from any Celtic official.

Jesus Christ man, get a grip. You're failing miserably in your attempts to defend the indefensible.

Why is he even spitting at all at that moment, when he's had every opportunity to clear his mouth in the long walk beforehand?

Or was he seriously incapable of holding it in until he got to the dressing room?

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Jesus Christ man, get a grip. You're failing miserably in your attempts to defend the indefensible.

Why is he even spitting at all at that moment, when he's had every opportunity to clear his mouth in the long walk beforehand?

I couldn’t tell you. He may have spat at them, and as I said before, you expect him to get a ban if he has and can have no complaints about it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I just think that video I’d seen that I posted looked as though he spat sideways rather than upwards where the fans would be sitting which would’ve been my only thoughts as to why it hasn’t been plastered in the media. I could be wrong though.

It’ll come out in the wash

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I couldn’t tell you. He may have spat at them, and as I said before, you expect him to get a ban if he has and can have no complaints about it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I just think that video I’d seen that I posted looked as though he spat sideways rather than upwards where the fans would be sitting which would’ve been my only thoughts as to why it hasn’t been plastered in the media. I could be wrong though.

It’ll come out in the wash

I see what you did there - well done!!

🤣👍

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tbh it looks like he has but neither video can really prove his true intent. It hasn't stopped papers in the past running stuff like this though so I am surprised it's not been made more of.

Probably sums up my view on it quite well, too. I don’t think you can conclusively say where he has spat.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It's noticeable in that video at just after 6 seconds, it looks like he lifts his head and spits.

41 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

season 1 friends GIF

These daft gifs do you no favours at times.

50 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's noticeable in that video at just after 6 seconds, it looks like he lifts his head and spits.

These daft gifs do you no favours at times.

Who do I require a favour from? You? 😂

And now since we have established you can actually see and reply to my posts just fine and have just been avoiding answering, tell me do you think Rangers should have had the penalty awarded for the Johnston handball?

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Who do I require a favour from? You? 😂

And now since we have established you can actually see and reply to my posts just fine and have just been avoiding answering, tell me do you think Rangers should have had the penalty awarded for the Johnston handball?

Cause I know you love a .gif @bennett 😂

Say What Kenan Thompson GIF by NBC

On 31/12/2023 at 21:14, 54_and_counting said:

So you think that because collum seen the offside right away, that he just ignores the handball and decides "ah the ref doesn't need to know"? 

Well, aye? Why would the ref need to know if he's not going to be able to give a penalty anyway?

Edited by craigkillie

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Well, aye? Why would the ref need to know if he's not going to be able to give a penalty anyway?

The only way for collum to check for offside is if he thought it was a penalty, he didnt 

And as bobby madden posted, they still need to follow procedure, the ref gets told to check for the penalty, if he awards it then they call the offside and it restarts with a freekick