Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

50 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Ach, the red card was a last man thing, not exactly blood on the walls stuff. 

Fair enough, but they are arguing over the virtual sphere there could have/ should have been two more reds 😬

7 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

You’ll still be waiting on an answer to that this time next year, mate.

I think I’ve asked him about half a dozen times on this thread already so he’s just being rude now 😉

Hows about it @bennett you ready to answer yet? Should a penalty have been given to Rangers? 

Edited by Jinky67

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone know off the top of their heads, how many times has this sort of clarification been sought from the SFA, and from which teams?

It is curious to call for the recording of one specific incident they don’t like instead of calling for wider transparency of all VAR comms throughout the league, Given this is a club so selflessly deeply concerned with standards in Scottish football. 

Cant put my finger on why this would be. 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What Goldson, Tav, Yilmaz, Balogoun and Butland saw in their sleep last night 

Remember when the Orcs tried to Morelos him because he hadn't scored in the first few derbies even though he had played as a winger then got injured after a few minutes in the next one? Thats worked out well for them :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is curious to call for the recording of one specific incident they don’t like instead of calling for wider transparency of all VAR comms throughout the league, Given this is a club so selflessly deeply concerned with standards in Scottish football. 

Cant put my finger on why this would be. 

Aberdeen and Aberdeen fans have made plenty complaints and requests about decisions that they didn't like but that's different. 

By releasing the audio the SFA can clear this up instantly.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Remember when the Orcs tried to Morelos him because he hadn't scored in the first few derbies even though he had played as a winger then got injured after a few minutes in the next one? Thats worked out well for them :lol:

IMG_9894.jpeg

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) is an actual human referee looking at a TV screen? He is the same person that the following week will doubtless be an actual referee at a Premiership match. If he is likely to be swayed by Old Firm pressure on the pitch, he is likely to be swayed by Old Firm whilst looking at a TV screen.

Maybe expecting them to get better each time they make a decision is too much to ask for David.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Aberdeen and Aberdeen fans have made plenty complaints and requests about decisions that they didn't like but that's different. 

By releasing the audio the SFA can clear this up instantly.

I make a point of not complaining much about ref decisions. I have criticised managers including Barry robson for using them as deflection. I can’t control other fans reactions but I wouldn’t encourage it. 

So what’s the outcome of the recording being released here out of interest? It’s either: 

- collum identified the offside at the time and got it spot on

- collum judged it not to be clear and obvious, which could be classed as a mistake, but then it was established as offside anyway. In which case it’s an SFA matter to review his performance. 

This really isn’t the earth shattering case rangers think it is. Move on and accept you deservedly lost and were correctly not given a pen. 

6 hours ago, bennett said:

We still don't know what happened,  if the decision was offside then it would have been a free kick to celtic and not a by kick. Crocker saying that they were listening to the VAR chat and offside wasn't mentioned only muddies the waters even further.

The SFA could clear it up by releasing the audio.

This is where sports like rugby and tennis get the VAR information to the referee who then notifies the players and the spectators of the decision being made. 
Why the hell this is not done in football is beyond me. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I make a point of not complaining much about ref decisions. I have criticised managers including Barry robson for using them as deflection. I can’t control other fans reactions but I wouldn’t encourage it. 

So what’s the outcome of the recording being released here out of interest? It’s either: 

- collum identified the offside at the time and got it spot on

- collum judged it not to be clear and obvious, which could be classed as a mistake, but then it was established as offside anyway. In which case it’s an SFA matter to review his performance. 

This really isn’t the earth shattering case rangers think it is. Move on and accept you deservedly lost and were correctly not given a pen. 

Nah they’re expecting to hear them all listening to Charlie and the Bhoys and go “f**k the ****” then all laugh.