Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - 02/01/2024

I don't mean to exaggerate, but I hadn't saw a worse performance from a professional footballer since Raith had some random foreign guy at CH on for his debut in a cup tie about 4-5 year ago as Costelloe was that day. Genuinely horrific.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't mean to exaggerate, but I hadn't saw a worse performance from a professional footballer since Raith had some random foreign guy at CH on for his debut in a cup tie about 4-5 year ago as Costelloe was that day. Genuinely horrific.

Can believe it.

Im still not sure what strengths he actually has. Like hes sort of quick i guess, but half the time he trips over the ball and has to stop or simply cant control the ball (we had a chance v Rangers where literally just needs to control a ball coming over his shoulder and hes 1v1 with a keeper whos come too far, and he doesnt get within 3 yards of the ball when it bounces 😂). Working hard maybe? But means nothing when you cant actually win the ball.

MacLean done well with signings this Summer but hes definitely in the "flop" pile for me. Id rather have Connor McLennan. 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're not exaggerating. I think it was made worse as nobody really knew at the time just how good Owen Beck is.

Think we could edge this but we'd need some luck. A draw would be a decent outcome. On the eyeball test Dundee just look a more coherent  team from what I've seen and since McLean left our away form's not been great at all - no wins and only 2 points from 5 games and they came against the 2 teams with the worst form in the league. We are bottom of the away teble for the year.

Dundee's home form isn't anything special, just a lot better than us away.

Lineup wise I guess it will be Considine in for Robinson in the LCB. RWB critical, we just don't have any good options there at all. Maybe give Dare a chance. Absoulte certaintly there will be howlers but that's the same with Brown so not a lot to lose. Hopefully whatever the illness was at the Livi game that meant we couldn't field a full bench has cleared up.

Kane Clark

Carey Phillips Smith

Gallacher Consi Gordon McGowan Olufunwa

Dundee 1 - 1 Saints

Carey (1), Shaughnessy (128)

Zak Rudden to get a 10-game suspension for booting a pyro into a toddler's face.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

RWB critical, we just don't have any good options there at all.

0_Hibernian-FC-v-St-Johnstone-FC-Cinch-Scottish-Premiership.thumb.jpg.4a7b5d316c2c60fe0c57f5c2a5b2b4c6.jpg

The fact we’ve got a 16 year old who’s actually an attacking midfielder as our best option at right wing back currently tells you the state the squad is actually in. For all Fran has been excellent you just wonder what he could do further forward. Still I’ve got no doubts that Levein knows this and a right wing back will be sorted well before the end of the window since Drey Wright isn’t going to be back any time soon. 

Anyway hopefully a good game tomorrow, but I can totally see it descending into the Willie Collum show with both sets of supporters probably booing him off the pitch. Either way a win would be massive for us and a draw would be perfectly acceptable, be good to get the away win hoodoo off our back though. 

Heard on the grapevine that Beck has been ‘recalled’ because Liverpool have received a big-money offer from St Johnstone. Should be announced by the end of today. Slight downgrade overall, but relatively pleased with him as a Robinson replacement.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Loans been terminated and he's away back to Burnley 

New striker in our line up for this, Costelloe fired into the sun, Beck away from Dundee.

Tremendous. 

Just now, The Saintee said:

Who replaces Beck?

Probably Donnelly. He's been playing CH for us and a bit shaky but his natural position is meant to be LB.

Either than or Cammy fucking Kerr.