Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

We're so slow far too often when going forward. Ponderous, tedious and usually ineffective given it allows the opposition to get in to position to defend.

You saw that when Comrie, Edwards (sort those socks!!) and O'Halloran ran at them down the wings they caused problems, but we didn't do it enough. When those lads were able to chuck in crosses after firing down the wings it looked like they could cause problems, but it happened far top little.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I see it. Bloody autocorrect 

I’ll leave it though, it’ll give the wee man something else to feel good about……..if he notices it 

Edited by Wacky
To fix autocorrect not posting the word autocorrect

36 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just seen McPake’s interview. Fair play, seems to acknowledge it wasn’t good enough and we’re conceding too many soft goals.

I’m still concerned he couldn’t see that we were up against a one-legged keeper and encourage his attackers/midfielders to exploit that though.

Also mentioned Fisher’s injury and said someone fell on top of him, so happy to hold my hands up and say I obviously got that one wrong.

I'd followed the ball so I missed the incident truth be told, everuone around me said that it was due to a player(Hamilton) falling on him. 

It was a poor performance from us, I can't be massively critical of McPake on the day but we're merely reaping what we sowed with regards to squad depth, I thought we competed fine enough and there wasn't gulfs between the sides, but ultimately when we needed fresh legs late on we brought on an injured MoH and a boy who was a bit part player at Bonnyrigg. 

I've no idea if Raith will win the league but I think there defensive frailties will lead to them falling short, it's not exactly an exact science though so who knows. 

Edit - Where I'll draw the line though is that Stardog boy giving it the big licks about posters, for what is a fantastic Raith contingent on here he's the exception. After a Pars win he was guaranteed to lose the head in fucking wild circumstances, is he not on his third account here? Wild poster. 

Edited by HoBNob

Christ, just seen the afore mentioned posters "McPake out" thread. 

He, and anything he posts can be firmly chucked in the bin, there's not enough laughey emojis to compensate for him. 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Will your Germans owners even be fussed about that today? All that matters is their wee academy project?

They won’t be, remember when grant was having us be embarrassed every week the thing they got upset about was that fans were getting annoyed and saying bad things.

On today, I feared a pumping and that didn’t happen so i guess that’s a positive. 

Raith showed us today how to be wise to the league. It was a pretty even game overall but they were clinical when they needed to be, mostly by exploiting our glaring weaknesses.

They didn't need to be any better, even though they were protecting a glaring weakness themselves (maybe the smoke bombs chucked on were to highlight to our players that their keeper was fucked?!).

Just now, TxRover said:

Do post an update on Fisher here, if you hear something. Seemed a pretty nasty injury.

McPake said in his post match that he has a bad gash on the face, a broken nose and is concussed again for the second time in three weeks.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They won’t be, remember when grant was having us be embarrassed every week the thing they got upset about was that fans were getting annoyed and saying bad things.

On today, I feared a pumping and that didn’t happen so i guess that’s a positive. 

Think that's unfair. I reckon they won't be pleased by losing but they also have said, repeatedly, about how things are long term. That doesn't excuse performances and personnel and ultimately McPake may never get to field anyone from the academy, but it's far too easy to say silly things about the club when we're not going so well on the pitch.

It's not a zero sum scenario.

That's not to say the board aren't above criticism; no one is at a club. As you rightly point out, their reaction (albeit a different board) under Grant was pish and that statement as laughable as it was insulting, but if fans don't fancy any long term goals and want to concentrate only on the here and now I'd urge caution and ask them to consider how that worked out for Falkirk. 

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

McPake said in his post match that he has a bad gash on the face, a broken nose and is concussed again for the second time in three weeks.

Jesus, thanks, and I hope he recovers OK. Absolutely the worst luck to get stepped on.

Nervy afternoon but after seeing us take 1 point from 12 v a Pars team that got relegated in 12/13... I'll take it.

Any one know how many Raith fans were there ? 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Just seen McPake’s interview. Fair play, seems to acknowledge it wasn’t good enough and we’re conceding too many soft goals.

I’m still concerned he couldn’t see that we were up against a one-legged keeper and encourage his attackers/midfielders to exploit that though.

Also mentioned Fisher’s injury and said someone fell on top of him, so happy to hold my hands up and say I obviously got that one wrong.

From the away end we were right in line with it and we actually thought Hamilton took his own player out and Vaughan was penalised however it seams abit of both , Looked really nasty hopefully Fisher makes a good recovery