🔴⚪️ Airdrieonians Vs The Caley 🔵🔴

Excellent performance from Airdrie. Solid defensively, moved the ball well and probably should have scored more from Hancock’s crosses. Hard to fault any individuals too much. 

Even after bringing McKay on Inverness didn’t offer too much. They’re not the worst team I’ve seen this season but didn’t really have any ideas going forward. I didn’t realise how poor a run they’re on. Having Duncan Ferguson in charge is a good laugh when it’s going well but the passion merchant shtick wears a bit thin when you’re losing games.

We were 2nd best all over the park really.

Shaw and Longstaff is a massive case of square pegs in round holes. Reminiscent of Yogi playing wingers in centre mid. 

Only thing I can think Dunc would be raging about is the free kick the 2nd goal came from. Happened right in front of the Caley fans and had no idea what the foul was. Still need to defend the ball in which was defended shockingly again. 

Airdrie well worth the 3 points

13 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Todorov getting MoM was just a wind-up, I think, as the Airdrie No. 15 was outstanding.

Exactly that.  The peters he received and then dished back out after scoring, then when getting subbed. A wee laugh if you will.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Only thing I can think Dunc would be raging about is the free kick the 2nd goal came from. Happened right in front of the Caley fans and had no idea what the foul was. Still need to defend the ball in which was defended shockingly again. 

Airdrie well worth the 3 points

Said that to my mate aswell, linesman was the only person that saw anything in that. Officials were horrendous today all round.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Did the ref stop the game so Airdrie could make a sub btw?

When he took the ball off Rae and Airdrie made the sub then done the dropball I had no idea what was happening :lol:

I "think" the ref signalled the ball had went out and blew for a bye kick .... But it hadn't so ye knew he'd made an arse of it by stopping play.

He restarted with a drop ball but in the middle of that, Airdrie signalled to make a sub, so because play was stopped, he allowed the sub.

I think.

The ref actually acknowledged this and put his hand up and pointed to himself.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++

Just now, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I "think" the ref signalled the ball had went out and blew for a bye kick .... But it hadn't so ye knew he'd made an arse of it by stopping play.

He restarted with a drop ball but in the middle of that, Airdrie signalled to make a sub, so because play was stopped, he allowed the sub.

I think.

Wouldn’t be the first thing he made an arse of today. We thought he was wanting to check the ball or something but your explanation makes more sense

13 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Having Duncan Ferguson in charge is a good laugh when it’s going well but the passion merchant shtick wears a bit thin when you’re losing games.

He has been given an utterly horrendous squad that Dodds and Robbo put together. The goal is to try and finish 8th this season. Dunc will get judged from next season (unless he gets us relegated) once he can bring in his own players. Some of the results haven’t been great but I think there has been enough in some of the performances to see that he could do a decent job for us.

18 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wouldn’t be the first thing he made an arse of today. We thought he was wanting to check the ball or something but your explanation makes more sense

Truth be told the referee had absolutely nothing to do with how fuckin shite we were today.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Truth be told the referee had absolutely nothing to do with how fuckin shite we were today.

Caley only showed a bit for about 10 mins after Airdrie opened the scoring, but 1 shot on goal and 0 on target says it all.

The ref had a curious one. A blatant Caley corner given as a goal kick, followed soon after by a clear Airdrie goal kick given as a Caley corner.

But Caley would have lost today with Ross Tokeley refereeing and Barry Wilson and Steve Paterson running the lines.

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Big Dunc seemed upset and red carded after the final whistle. No idea what gripe he had with ref but poor show for ignoring the Airdrie bench.

He has been having a running verbal with the lino over Airdrie free kick and goal at second. He did shake hands with Hutton etc on his further walk and confronted the Ref. Nearly the furthest his attackers had been at that end in first half. As said many years ago: 

Big Skinny B......

Once we scored from the corner, (yet again! ) this was a comfortable and deserved win , given how well we had attacked in the first half. The "foul" which led to  the second night we'll have been for a sneaky wee jersey pull, but who knows. Caleys defending was not clever but Todorov has a habit of being in there for it. Fordyce never missed a header all day, including a wee headed elbow, and it was great to see him score.

Hancock was our best player in first half and Frizzell was back to his very best today ( McStravick missing ?) so it was a very pleasant start to 2024.

On Caley that number 44 was dire, and it looked as if they'd come for a draw. Certainly no McKay helped us for the first half and he was rarely backed up in second half. 

On the Ref he did have some strange calls but Caley lost for other reasons,  so Duncan was being a bit of a loose cannon going on to the long walk confrontation . 

I'd gone for 2-1 but preferred Airdrie reducing our negative goal difference, than me getting three points! 

Couldn't really have asked for a more comfortable win to start the New Year, Caley offered very little bar a 5 minute spell in the second half.

Hancock was outstanding in the first half, only downside is that some of the excellent crosses put in didn't result in a goal,

Top marks to Fordyce in the second half for a tremendous block at an important time and then grabbing a goal from the free kick despite taking an elbow to the head earlier in the game.

11 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

The seethe in the away end when Todorov scored…

image.gif.f0ee6cc7fec1723db3387dd6d7b83fdb.gif

Great wasn't it, especially seeing the manky Hilton tramps down at the front of the stand giving it the hard man act to our fans. Full of crap that manky mob. Hope their bus collapsed on the A9 going home, just like their team.