Ross County v Aberdeen (Tuesday 2nd Jan, 3pm k.o.)

Last time I started a thread for the Aberdeen match I was quite confident that County could win both matches. Instead County got completely thrashed 4-0 at Pittodrie. Pathetic it was! Then a few days later were again extremely poor in that 1st half league Cup match with that Shinnie wonder goal it has to be said. While there was a late fightback, I was really pissed off that they lost that game especially as Aberdeen were off form up until that double header. Was a real wasted opportunity for a semi final.

I don't know what to expect for this league game. Disappointed that County let a 2-0 lead slip against Hearts, as soon as Hearts scored I just knew they'd equalize.

For Tuesday's match, again should be looking at winning this. Hope there is a good crowd. Aberdeen do bring big support each time it has to be said.

Like I mentioned last time, perhaps Aberdeen fans may in a way want to lose to get rid of Robson? When last did County beat Aberdeen? I can't remember tbh. Would like to see White or Brophy get a goal, Murray too. Anyway, can see a score draw which won't help either team. Big match for County definately!

That's great that RCFC TV making a return, is this just a one off? Would be great to have that option for future matches. Especially in cold weather.

I've got older relatives that would go to more matches, yet when it's baltic just can't. It's a shame when younger would attend regularly. Health conditions as well stop me sometimes, even though I have a season ticket. 

28 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Not looking forward to this match, think if Aberdeen lose a goal first then it will be toxic. We could be in 11th after this game which with the squad we have is disgraceful. Let hope we win and it may give Robson a bit more time.

To make a bigger mess of it?

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

That's great that RCFC TV making a return, is this just a one off? Would be great to have that option for future matches. Especially in cold weather.

I've got older relatives that would go to more matches, yet when it's baltic just can't. It's a shame when younger would attend regularly. Health conditions as well stop me sometimes, even though I have a season ticket. 

Just a one-off for now, I'd imagine. There's restrictions on how many games can be offered domestically on PPV, and to make it worthwhile doing it needs to be for the bigger games when a decent number of away fans will also pay for it.

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no time for anyone with this mindset. 

I understand this point of view, why would a supporter want his club to lose? However, there's a bigger picture here where, let's say a fluked win like we saw against Hibs in the semi-final might just drag us into deeper trouble in the long-term than defeat tomorrow.

I think it's become blatantly obvious to everyone that Robson doesn't have the imagination to turn this round. His failure to try different formations to suit the opposition, and his persitance to continually deploy his failed tactics and personnel is going to be his downfall.

I was one of those that wanted to give him the job permanently after the run at the end of last season (although not on a two year contract which was just bizarre); however, he just doesn't convince me now that I've watched him operate for a few months that he has leadership qualities along with his repeated failures tactically.

I don't think he's going to see out the season unless someone guides him to try something else. I mean the first thing he needs to do is move Clarkson further up the pitch and give Angus MacDonald a run of matches (although it looks like we'll now lose him this window).

I still want the Dons to win tomorrow; however, that run of matches at the end of January/beginning February is giving me the fear. All it's going to take is for Livingston to pick up some points and us to struggle against the Ugly Sisters and the Edinburgh teams then the sweat will really be on.

But we know from the past, that Cormack doesn't make any managerial moves until around February when the Scottish Cup campaign is over so defeat tomorrow is unlikely to see Robson lose his job unless something goes drastically wrong.

Unfortunately, though the elephant in the room are not the likes of Glass, Goodwin or Robson but that spiv Cormack. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

On 31/12/2023 at 19:07, Sonam said:

Hopefully, Aberdeen players down tools here...

Could be quite likely. I don't think any of them are enjoying the way Robson is setting us up to play this season. We'd have a much better chance to do something this season if we get a new manager in during the next 2 week break.

Edit to add, it's weird for there to be a game on while I'm working! Will have to have redtv on in one browser window

Edited by Flammable sheep

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Is it true there is a pitch inspection at midday? If so, I'm utterly dumbfounded

Surely not. There’s been rain but it’s not been heavy. BBC reporting that there is a pitch inspection for the St Johnston v Dundee match. Maybe getting mixed up with that. 

2 minutes ago, Staggie1984 said:

Surely not. There’s been rain but it’s not been heavy. BBC reporting that there is a pitch inspection for the St Johnston v Dundee match. Maybe getting mixed up with that. 

ok, possibly there is a mixup then, thanks