Ross County v Aberdeen (Tuesday 2nd Jan, 3pm k.o.)

Any time Aberdeen are off form, it seems all they need to do is wait till they play County.

In the end, I didn't make the match. Nor watched County TV. Were County any good at any point? Did any County player play well? Or were Aberdeen just too good? 

Don't understand how County can match Hearts, yet get gubbed by the Dons. 

Amazing when you play 4 at the back and only 1-up top. Should be our go to formation. Aberdeen should have won by more goals today, that 2nd half was pleasing and good to see Shinnie back to best but we wasn't short in midfield as normal.

Edited by betting competition

I didn't see the game, but that is a very good result and I'm pleased that we seemed to play well. Also pleased to read that certain players improved with a better structure around them, rather than just being written off as 'done' or 'finished' when being asked to perform a near-impossible role in a deeply flawed set-up.

Edited by DrewDon

42 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Any time Aberdeen are off form, it seems all they need to do is wait till they play County.

In the end, I didn't make the match. Nor watched County TV. Were County any good at any point? Did any County player play well? Or were Aberdeen just too good? 

Don't understand how County can match Hearts, yet get gubbed by the Dons. 

No, we stank it up all game. Aberdeen pressed and wanted it more. Several of our players were garbage beyond belief. Murray tried, Laidlaw (third goal aside) was okay.

The fact we’ve lost three starters to injuries (Nightingale, Allerdice and Randall) and suddenly we are fucking honking shows how fragile a squad we actually have. Loturi is mince, White is static AF, Sheaf is pish. Turner must be wondering what he has to do to get a start.

Pass marks for James Brown at a push.

Time to cut away some dead wood. 

14 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Loturi is mince,

Loturi frustrates me. There's talent there but he's so inconsistent. Can drive forward with a ball and beat a man before passing a simple ten  yard ball out of play.

Edited by Comrie

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Do I praise Barry or do I go all ‘I told you so!’ On him? 

To be honest, today was the biggest vindication of us slagging him off for persisting with a 3-5-2 when it clearly wasn’t working.

Only took him 5 months.

Let’s hope it’s the norm. 

That was just a bunch of players that don’t look good enough for this level. For the past few seasons, I have been a massive Jordan White fan. However, my patience ran dry today. Absolutely bullied, couldn’t link the play and was towing a caravan when running. I wouldn’t be gutted if Baldwin left the club tomorrow - he cannot be trusted anymore. The game was long gone, but the third goal was embarrassing between himself and Leak; allowing the ball to bounce in the middle of the park. Max Sheaf was like Bambi on ice, slow and messy on the ball and the game generally passed him by. Loturi was his usual safe, safe, safe-self. Even Brown and Dhanda were off it. Just a rough day at the office though Delboy will probably be quite chuffed as it gives him a reason (as if he needed another) to urge Roy to open the wallet yet again.

59 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

That was just a bunch of players that don’t look good enough for this level. For the past few seasons, I have been a massive Jordan White fan. However, my patience ran dry today. Absolutely bullied, couldn’t link the play and was towing a caravan when running. I wouldn’t be gutted if Baldwin left the club tomorrow - he cannot be trusted anymore. The game was long gone, but the third goal was embarrassing between himself and Leak; allowing the ball to bounce in the middle of the park. Max Sheaf was like Bambi on ice, slow and messy on the ball and the game generally passed him by. Loturi was his usual safe, safe, safe-self. Even Brown and Dhanda were off it. Just a rough day at the office though Delboy will probably be quite chuffed as it gives him a reason (as if he needed another) to urge Roy to open the wallet yet again.

meg ryan smile GIF

How the f*ck is that not a penalty at the end. Baldwin might, just might, start the foul outside the box but the main challenge that takes Sokler out is at the very least on the line, which is a penalty. Absolute pish.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

How the f*ck is that not a penalty at the end. Baldwin might, just might, start the foul outside the box but the main challenge that takes Sokler out is at the very least on the line, which is a penalty. Absolute pish.

It was a ridiculous decision by the VAR.

That tit Nick Walsh.

And Jack Baldwin never fails to surprise me. 
Every time I see him play, he manages to look worse every time 

Maybe Aberdeen should seek an explanation from the SFA, like the vermin did?

Edited by Thenorthernlight

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Who gives a f**k, you absolutely scudded us without needing a last minute pen. Go to bed.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Have to say I’m in this camp too. 

Not sure why you would say that. It was a penalty, it had the potential to give McGrath his hat trick and to help our goal difference. I can understand PTJ's point of view because he's pissed off with his team's performance.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure why you would say that. It was a penalty, it had the potential to give McGrath his hat trick and to help our goal difference. I can understand PTJ's point of view because he's pissed off with his team's performance.

I just don’t think it’s that important in the bigger picture. We played well and won 3-0, that pleased me. 

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I just don’t think it’s that important in the bigger picture. We played well and won 3-0, that pleased me. 

I always enjoy having a go at the VAR. No need for him to get involved in that decision. 

Barry showed he can change. Now he needs to show he can learn. I'm not hopeful but it's a step in the right direction.

With respect though, County were absolutely shite and would have lost to any of the bottom six playing like that. We can't take a lot from the result but the second half performance was good.