St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

Sutton is spot on IMO

Complete accident, these things happen. Hart was fine, let's play ball.

Can't say the game wasn't done about 44 mins before now, though.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Auch f**k off.

Joe Hart dives down to clear the ball.

Yellow card and move on ffs.

Showing the slow mo and still images just totally takes away any context of the incident.

Yep. Show it in real time and you’d see Olusanya was inches away from the ball (and scoring). Best not try to do that sort of thing, though.

I imagine it’s that sort of challenge that would fit nicely in the new sin bin category if they ever get around to trialling it.

No malice in it, but probably a red under the current rules given that he’s caught him in the head with his studs up.

HT 0-2
And down to ten men. Can we just blow for full time now? This scoreline ain't getting any better. Let's all go home early and go on a winter break. 
We've been terrible all over the pitch. That midfield trio of Flynn, CBM and Kiltie looked like one that would get over ran, and so it transpired. Not a tackler among them. Defence all over the shop. 
Probably going to finish 0-6 or something.

It's always a bit hard to judge these ones, but just because you are trying to score doesn't mean you have free reign to challenge however you want. If you catch someone straight on with your studs at reasonable force and that far off the ground, it's hard to say it's not a red - even if you caught them on their upper thigh or whatever. It's obviously quite unlucky for the player but I don't see how any other decision is possible to be honest.

I’m not really sure if I view that as a yellow or a red.

Heard chat about orange cards and sin bins and to be honest that’s probably the kind of middle ground for this type of challenge that would fit nicely. Orange card then 10 mins in the sin bin.

I’m not really an advocate of the sin bin idea I’m just saying this would have been a good time for that sort of option.

VAR getting involved for no reason. The on field ref saw it and made a decision, that should be the end of it. No need for VAR to intervene there. The on field refs need to start showing some conviction in their decisions and start pushing back against the VAR reviews. 

Edited by STFU_Donny

Why is it that referees seem desperate to find ways to send players off if given half the chance?

They never seem to give the offending player any benefit of the doubt whatsoever.

Given how subjective fouls are in football, we need a complete change in refereeing mindset IMO

Just now, Chris Partlow said:

Games gone soft imo.

It’s not really soft to try to protect players from the (potential hopefully all the qualified people don’t jump on me) risk of things like motor neurone disease etc due to head knocks.