Tranent F.C. v Celtic F.C. (SLFL) on 16/01/2024

Tranent F.C. v Celtic F.C.
Lowland Football League
Tue 16-Jan-2024
KO 19:45

This match has been postponed. Reason: Premiership break - player availability

Thank you for taking note.

https://www.scottishfalive.co.uk

The club received notification late last night that Celtic B requested the game to be postponed. 

Reason: Premiership Break - player availability

Just another example of why B teams should be no where near the SLFL.

It's absolutely farcical that the SLFL have rolled over and had their bellies ticked and allowed the postponement.

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

Tranent F.C. v Celtic F.C. (SLFL) on 16/01/2024

Tranent F.C. v Celtic F.C.
Lowland Football League
Tue 16-Jan-2024
KO 19:45

This match has been postponed. Reason: Premiership break - player availability

Thank you for taking note.

https://www.scottishfalive.co.uk

The club received notification late last night that Celtic B requested the game to be postponed. 

Reason: Premiership Break - player availability

Just another example of why B teams should be no where near the SLFL.

It's absolutely farcical that the SLFL have rolled over and had their bellies ticked and allowed the postponement..

Farcical 🤬

There were vacancies on the LL committee weren't there?

No matter how poorly the league is run if the clubs cared enough these vacancies would be filled. It's a poor show even by anti B team clubs. They need to get their people on-board - yesterday. No use moaning if they don't.

The league need new blood running it asap.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

There were vacancies on the LL committee weren't there?

No matter how poorly the league is run if the clubs cared enough these vacancies would be filled. It's a poor show even by anti B team clubs. They need to get their people on-board - yesterday. No use moaning if they don't.

The league need new blood running it asap.

There are 2 vacant places all the clubs can put people forward, a lot moan on social media to be popular but don't put anyone forward if you want to improve things put someone forward.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

There are 2 vacant places all the clubs can put people forward, a lot moan on social media to be popular but don't put anyone forward if you want to improve things put someone forward.

Unless you are replacing the whole board then I cannot see anyone wanting to be involved with the current incumbents., especially after this utterly farcical decision.

15 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Unless you are replacing the whole board then I cannot see anyone wanting to be involved with the current incumbents., especially after this utterly farcical decision.

iirc the whole board is up for election in June. maybe the guy from colts is staying since he just joined but certainly the others are finished.

10 minutes ago, Wee Smiler said:

iirc the whole board is up for election in June. maybe the guy from colts is staying since he just joined but certainly the others are finished.

Not sure how you work that out unless others are willing to stand.  There doesn’t seem to be a plethora of volunteers willing to put themselves forward seeing as there are vacant positions currently.

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Not sure how you work that out unless others are willing to stand.  There doesn’t seem to be a plethora of volunteers willing to put themselves forward seeing as there are vacant positions currently.

There is a very good reason why there are current vacancies, who would want to be associated with a board who makes these types of farcical decisions. It needs cleared out from top to bottom.

7 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

There is a very good reason why there are current vacancies, who would want to be associated with a board who makes these types of farcical decisions. It needs cleared out from top to bottom.

As far as I’m aware there have been multiple vacancies on the board pretty much since the leagues inception.  The vacancies are nothing to do with what you deem to be farcical decisions.

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

As far as I’m aware there have been multiple vacancies on the board pretty much since the leagues inception.  The vacancies are nothing to do with what you deem to be farcical decisions.

I wasn’t aware of that so I bow to your superior knowledge. 

Do you not “deem” this to be a farcical decision?

Edited by To B or not B

18 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I wasn’t aware of that so I bow to your superior knowledge. 

Do you not “deem” this to be a farcical decision?

If I had a vote I wouldn’t have let Celtic B postpone the game.  I don’t see what the winter break has to do with their B team player availability.

Just now, Left Back said:

If I had a vote I wouldn’t have let Celtic B postpone the game.  I don’t see what the winter break has to do with their B team player availability.

Fair comment. 

The problem for the board now, in my opinion, is that is that they appear to have opened themselves up to an actual member club asking for a postponement on the basis of not having enough players available.

8 hours ago, To B or not B said:

Easier to change things from the inside.