49 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Everything that’s ring with football summed up in a single image. 

Possibly in your opinion (and probably many others) but clubs earn much needed revenue from hospitality. Obviously the largest clubs will gain most due to the size of the fanbase and the greater size and amount of facilities available. However, small clubs also benefit financially from hospitality, or else they wouldn't provide the opportunity. Like it, or lump it, hospitality packages are very much part of football in the modern game.

Edited by embow

Just now, embow said:

Possibly in your opinion and probably many others but clubs earn much needed money from hospitality. Obviously the largest clubs will gain most due to the size of the fanbase and the greater size and amount of  facilities. However, small clubs also benefit financially from hospitality or else they wouldn't provide the opportunity.

The big catch for us is the overflow from events at Hampden other than our games. I've heard £300 per chair for some. How much of that is profit I don't know.

4 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

You would have thought (hoped) that it would be possible to build a Royal Box in such a way that   a stand could be built beside it or around it somehow. Lesser Hampden has very limited space anyway, the last thing they should have done is build a Folly that reduced the long term maximum capacity of the ground by about 8-900.

madness.

At the time the changes were being made, we were promised that the redesign would be "bigger and better". I really would like to know what this plan actually was and happened to it. A temporary stand behind each goal is surely not the best plan that they had!

Promises, lack of delivery and secrecy. The professional era for QP - let's hope the new President and Committee can do a better job. Should I hold my breath?

25 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The big catch for us is the overflow from events at Hampden other than our games. I've heard £300 per chair for some. How much of that is profit I don't know.

It would be interesting to know how much your club brought in from the Whisky Festival back in November. The afternoon session was extremely well attended with a very large queue around 2pm. I believe that there was a morning session and one later in the evening. A fair few hundreds in attendance should have benefitted your coffers. That's if it was QP that actually hosted the event?

Edited by embow

7 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

Zero as it was nothing to do with QP

Very disappointing to hear that. Maybe start up your own craft gin or beer one to get in on the act?🍻

3 hours ago, embow said:

It would be interesting to know how much your club brought in from the Whisky Festival back in November. The afternoon session was extremely well attended with a very large queue around 2pm. I believe that there was a morning session and one later in the evening. A fair few hundreds in attendance should have benefitted your coffers. That's if it was QP that actually hosted the event?

Hee-haw! Even back in the day all events at Hampden belonged to the SFA. Sodexo are the outsourced hospitality company so I’m not sure who gets the bigger split, them or the SFA. But I know we for sure we get nothing. 
When I said “overflow” it’s not a service we provide for the SFA. Simply capitalising on demand being greater than The National Stadium capability. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hee-haw! Even back in the day all events at Hampden belonged to the SFA. Sodexo are the outsourced hospitality company so I’m not sure who gets the bigger split, them or the SFA. But I know we for sure we get nothing. 
When I said “overflow” it’s not a service we provide for the SFA. Simply capitalising on demand being greater than The National Stadium capability. 

As I posted in a reply two back from here.....

"Very disappointing to hear that. Maybe start up your own craft gin or craft beer festival to get in on the act?🍻"

15 hours ago, embow said:

Possibly in your opinion (and probably many others) but clubs earn much needed revenue from hospitality. Obviously the largest clubs will gain most due to the size of the fanbase and the greater size and amount of facilities available. However, small clubs also benefit financially from hospitality, or else they wouldn't provide the opportunity. Like it, or lump it, hospitality packages are very much part of football in the modern game.

Absolutely agree regarding the revenue stream which is important, but that importance shouldn’t be overstated; it’s the proportionality that I have issue with, especially when it comes at the expense of the punters and the atmosphere and none are worse imho than QP at the moment. If I wished to go to sporting events purely for the aim of being wined, dined and being seen to be there, then I’d follow rugby.  

5 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Absolutely agree regarding the revenue stream which is important, but that importance shouldn’t be overstated; it’s the proportionality that I have issue with, especially when it comes at the expense of the punters and the atmosphere and none are worse imho than QP at the moment. If I wished to go to sporting events purely for the aim of being wined, dined and being seen to be there, then I’d follow rugby.  

If ever I saw a desperate plea for help 😊