Don't think there's a thread?! 

This will be a tough one after the convincing defeat against Airdrie, we shall see how they bounce back. 

QP results haven't been great recently but we've not performed convincingly against them either. 

This will be interesting as no Millen, Stanton and probably no Murray or Dabrowski. Also O'Reilly might be away as well? 

Easton, Lewy, Smith, Byrne and Mullin were all pretty poor against Airdrie. 

I think it's an absolute no brainier that Hamilton has to start for this, if fit?

Gullan has been woeful every game I've seen him in. I don't think he's a striker in any shape or form. Does he offer anything in midfield? I feel bringing him on upfront is just a waste of a sub 99% of the time. 

Personally I feel something needs to change in terms of formation. It's really doing nothing for the team and I think people are finally seeing that 4 in midfield doesn't suit how we play. 

It is Murray so I doubt the formation will change though. 

Team for me against QP;

McNeil

O'Reilly  Corr  Dick

Byrne

Connolly Matthews Brown Smith

Hamilton

Most likely as far as guessing Murrayball;

McNeil

McGill   O'Reilly  Corr  Dick

Connolly Byrne Brown Easton or Smith

Vaughan Hamilton 

Completely changes if O'Reilly isn't signed up. Masson in the centre maybe? 

Fingers crossed for this one. 

This is what a I think IM will do, but he should not start Easton or Vaughan. He should put Masson at RB over McGill, amd put Dick at CB with McGill at LB and withdraw Corr:

McNeil

McGill/Brown/Corr/Dick

Matthews/Byrne

Connolly/Vaughan/Easton

Hamilton

I think he should try:

McNeil

Masson/Corr/Dick

Brown

Connolly/Matthews/Byrne/McGill

Smith/Hamilton

I was at the Airdrie game and that was the poorest display I have seen from Rovers this season. Didn't really have any plan beyond pumping crosses into box and hoping something will happen.  That said, that approach might work against QP as we are still notoriously bad at defending crosses. However, we have managed to be competitive against you in our games until we sabotaged ourselves with daft substitutions. I'm optimistic we might come home with a point. Dom Thomas setting up McInstry for his first goal.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Dom Thomas

He could be our player by the weekend if the rumours are to be believed. 

I fear a new manager bounce here, I watched the game on Friday and well, it wasn’t exactly  great. We haven’t been great either the last few games so I’m not sure what to expect from us 

10 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

He could be our player by the weekend if the rumours are to be believed. 

I fear a new manager bounce here, I watched the game on Friday and well, it wasn’t exactly  great. We haven’t been great either the last few games so I’m not sure what to expect from us 

Doubt it personally unless Dom is wanting away. He is under contract until 2025 so we would be unlikely to let him go cheaply. You guys got the cash? And gven you guys don't exactly love him (ex-Par etc) I think a move to Utd would be more likely. 

Edited by Stuntiethumper

4 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Doubt it personally unless Dom is wanting away. He is under contract until 2025 so we would be unlikely to let him go cheaply. You guys got the cash?

We may have the cash, depends really. Interested in a conservatory by any chance ? 

42 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Euan Murray injured?

He was subbed off after an injury, and we’re all sorta assuming he’s likely out. He was down and whipped his shin lads right off, so something convinced him he was done for the day.

Expect quite a few changes in the team for this one with some of them forced.

McNeil did nothing wrong on Saturday but Kev comes back in if he's fit (probably even if only 90%).

Millen will be suspended and I doubt Murray makes it.  If O'Reilly signs a new deal I'd expect it to be him and Brown in the middle.  If he doesn't, then Brown and Corr.  Right back probably either McGill or Mullin.  Could be interesting to see Mullin and Connolly down the right together.

Easton has to be left out of the starting 11 for this as he's been completely off it the last 2 games.  I've never known another player where it was so obvious from the first time he gets the ball whether or not he's going to have a good game.  Not sure if he's still carrying that knock that had him struggling towards the end at Tannadice, or if his head has been turned by an offer from the premiership.  He could of course just be off form.  After all, if he was on his game all of the time when fit, he'd be far too good to be at Rovers.

I'd bring Hamilton back into the starting line up.  We play like he's there even when he isn't so we'd be much more effective with him there.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll bounce back in style from the defeat on Saturday.  It's hopefully the kick up the arse we needed and confirmed that we wouldn't be able to keep picking up results without playing well.

I'll predict that we finally get a win by more than 1 goal and even manage a rare clean sheet in a 3-0 win.

8 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I've never known another player where it was so obvious from the first time he gets the ball whether or not he's going to have a good game. 

Can’t blame you for forgetting Dario Zanatta.

With us having been unlucky (and by that I mean chucked away points in the most ridiculous fashion) against Raith so far this season, finally winning a game on Friday night, and the new manager looking set to be announced giving us that all important bounce, there's every reason to think we're capable of getting something from this so I'm predicting that we lose 4-1.

On 07/01/2024 at 11:52, Stuntiethumper said:

Didn't really have any plan beyond pumping crosses into box and hoping something will happen.

That is exactly what any QP fan should be afraid of.  Remember our ex-DFO was adamant that it was nigh on impossible to score from a crossed ball, hence the fact we failed for half a season to even bother defending them.

Edited by Spider1975