26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It wasn't a slight on you, but Murray isn't going to weaken an already weak defence by playing two young lads Masson and Corr together when they both haven't had game time in gawd knows how long, big question mark over Dabrowski being recovered, but an able replacement in McNeil.    

We're more likely to see

McNeil 

Masson,  Brown, Dick, McGill, as the backline if Murray isn't fit, but sure its anyones guess as to what the manager comes up with.

If you “want” that sort of line, IM seems to prefer Corr to Masson…I’d suggest Brown/Corr/Dick/McGill instead. Corr prefers playing on the right, and Brown has the ability to play a RB role. With Byrne and Matthews in front for a 4-2-3-1, and Turner getting an opportunity at some point in the middle of the 3, that may be our plan. Honestly, I think Masson at RB would only happen from IM with Brown at CB on that side…why, I’m not sure, I certainly believe IM has criminally underused both Corr and Masson, who have both played fine in limited exposure.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If you “want” that sort of line, IM seems to prefer Corr to Masson…I’d suggest Brown/Corr/Dick/McGill instead. Corr prefers playing on the right, and Brown has the ability to play a RB role. With Byrne and Matthews in front for a 4-2-3-1, and Turner getting an opportunity at some point in the middle of the 3, that may be our plan. Honestly, I think Masson at RB would only happen from IM with Brown at CB on that side…why, I’m not sure, I certainly believe IM has criminally underused both Corr and Masson, who have both played fine in limited exposure.

I wouldn't argue that point Tx, whichever one of Masson or Corr gets a start, unless of course theres a CB signing before Saturday 🤞 

We have the manager of the month ( December) and the player of the month coming into this game.👏👏👏
Can surely only go one way? 🤔
Naw! I'm no' buying this superstitious ess aitch aye tee either! 🫣😊

Dabrowski/ mcneil dick Murray Watson brown Byrne mullin turner easton Vaughan Hamilton is how I think we could line up tomorrow with brown at rb and Byrne as the 1 holding midfielder. Easton may lose his spot to smith also. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Dabrowski/ mcneil dick Murray Watson brown Byrne mullin turner easton Vaughan Hamilton is how I think we could line up tomorrow with brown at rb and Byrne as the 1 holding midfielder. Easton may lose his spot to smith also. 

Problems: Murray, is he good to go…Watson, is he capable of 60+ minutes? Not adamantly opposed to Brown at RB, but think Masson makes more sense, so I’d go:

McNeil

Masson/Brown/Murray or Watson, whomever is healthier/Dick

Byrne

Mullin/Matthews/Smith

Hamilton/Vaughan

Probably plan to feed Turner in at the half for Matthews. I just think it’s too early for him to roll straight in and start at such an integral role right now. If both Murray and Watson are considered good to start, move Brown alongside Byrne and drop Smith with Vaughan taking his spot in a 4-2-3-1. Then, after the half, if you have to take off Watson or Murray, Brown slides back, Matthews drops into his spot and Turner takes the de facto 10 spot.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Tactics are straight forward here. Score a goal. Pass it to death for the rest of the game until five minutes to go and then put everyone in goal. Easy peasy!

I preferred it when your tactic was scoring a goal then subbing all of your decent players :(

4 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

I would rather lose 3-0 than be 2-0 up with 5 minutes to go again! 

Fortunately, if we find ourselves in that position again Davidson seems like the type of manager who would use his eyes and common sense, rather than arbitrarily take our best players off while ahead because the "data" says their performance will drop after the 84th minute or whatever.

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Fortunately, if we find ourselves in that position again Davidson seems like the type of manager who would use his eyes and common sense, rather than arbitrarily take our best players off while ahead because the "data" says their performance will drop after the 84th minute or whatever.

Booooooo

Dunno if Dabrowski fir. If he is then he starts, if not then McNeil will deputise.

At the back, If Murray is fit then I would play Masson at right back, this gives us the option of pushing Brown forward and going to a back 3.

If Murray not fir then I would play Corr in the middle with Matthews at right back. This gives us the option of pushing Matthews forward and going to a back 3.

I would push Vaughan up top with Hamilton and play Turner in the 10. I'd start Connolly and Mullin as they offer the best protection to our full backs which is where I think QP have the most threat. This will give us the options of Easton, Smith and Gullan from the bench. These three can bring pace and penetration in the latter stages where I think this game will be won/ lost.

Looking forward to a nailbiting 95th minute winner :)  

MacNeil/ Dabrowski

Masson/Matthews Brown Murray/Corr  Dick

Byrne

Connolly Turner Mullin

Hamilton Vaughan 

I've seen quite a few suggesting Masson at RB now.  Not having a dig at anyone for this btw but genuinely curious about where this is coming from.  I don't recall him playing there but happy to be told I'm wrong.  Does he offer enough going forward to play there?

Masson has filled in at RB before. He played against Rangers there in the Scottish Cup and Queens Park in the challenge cup. He also played as either a wing back or as the right sided CB against Dundee once but we won't talk about that one. 

Not got a clue about the back line for Raith tomorrow.If everyone is fit then

Kev

Brown Watson Murray Dick

Byrne

Ahead of that is the usual Raith attacking lottery. But for tomorrow I’ll go with

Mullin Turner Easton

Vaughan

Hamilton 

Return to the 4-1-3-2 I reckon.

Think a week off will have done Easton a world of good- was close to dropping him.

Turner has to go straight in.

Always 50/50 with Mullin and Connolly but think Murray normally goes for Mullin.

Hamilton and Vaughan our best front 2.