Africa Cup of Nations 2023

BFTD

4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Sky don't appear to be showing Algeria vs Burkina Faso at all, despite them finding space to show Soccer Saturday on about 12 different channels.

Surely the AFCON isn't covered by the 3pm blackout?

Yeah,that pissed me off too after being left with no live football to go&watch in the Highlands today,why advertise it if you aren't showing it?

Tunisia,with the shiny kappa logos on their strip,should be kicked out of the tournament for that alone

Ivory Coast couldn't hit the broadside of a barn right now. Coupled with their abysmal defending on the goal, it's been a horrendous display.

4-0 now 😂

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I might be wrong but I think the win in the first game will let Ivory Coast squeak through as one of the best third place teams

Nigeria defeat Guinea-Bissau to qualify as runners-up while eliminating their opponents.

In perhaps the most shocking result of this or any other AFCON, hosts Côte d'Ivoire are absolutely hammered 4-0 by Equatorial Guinea who top the group.

Despite today's humiliation, the Ivorians still have a chance of going through as one of the four best third-place teams but need at least two of the group scenarios below to play out:

Group B :

Egypt lose to Cabo Verde and/or Ghana draw with Mozambique

Group C :

The Gambia beat Cameroon 1-0 or The Gambia beat Cameroon 2-1 and receive at least one card.

If they win 2-1 and have no players carded, The Gambia and Côte d'Ivoire would potentially need to be separated by drawing lots.

Group F:

Morocco defeat Zambia 

Group E:

Tunisia fail to beat South Africa and Mali beat Namibia

(Other Group F permutations could see CdI qualify but require unlikely goal difference swings).

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

A chum of mine in Ivory Coast left the pub early because the locals were about to tear the place apart in anger.

Here in Guinea the locals began supporting Ivory Coast (French vs Spanish) but were loving the capitulation by the end. No matter where you are in the world, you always hope for scenes.