Africa Cup of Nations 2023

BFTD

Just switched over to the Sky coverage of Ivory Coast v Guinea-Bissau on NowTV, and there's no sound except for the occasional interjection from some lad in the studio ("fine words there from FIFA president Gianni Infantino"). What's going on?

Ah, now it's kicked in. Would've ruined the tournament to miss the self-congratulatory guff from all the suits.

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Always makes me seethe at how big an arsehole Infantino is

Didn't get to hear it, but I just assumed he was coming out with some outrageously arrogant gold-plated guff and silently seethed accordingly.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Didn't get to hear it, but I just assumed he was coming out with some outrageously arrogant gold-plated guff and silently seethed accordingly.

“Today I am black, today I am African”

38 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Who’s commentating on BBC? Irritating as f**k - thought it was Sam Matterface for that reason but surely he’s just ITV. 

Daniel Amokachi on Sky, who's quite pleasant to listen to, and Mark Gleeson, who is fine.

Apparently it's Steven Wyeth and Gabriel Zakuani in the Beeb?

Edit: most of the dodgy AFCON streams that I watched last time out were from South African TV, and they were embarrassingly better than anything from here.
Edit 2: just made myself laugh with "Konan the Ivorian". What a loser.

Edited by BFTD

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Daniel Amokachi on Sky, who's quite pleasant to listen to, and Mark Gleeson, who is fine.

Apparently it's Steven Wyeth and Gabriel Zakuani in the Beeb?

Edit: most of the dodgy AFCON streams that I watched last time out were from South African TV, and they were embarrassingly better than anything from here.
Edit 2: just made myself laugh with "Konan the Ivorian". What a loser.

Ah, watching in the pub so unfortunately don’t have the choice. Wouldn’t recommend the BBC though. Quite a poor game so maybe cut them some slack. 

Bit clownshoes at the back from GNB again.

Edit: so glad that it's apparently become a regular event to see football admin's royal family lounging about on literal thrones while looking like they can't wait for the final whistle.

Edited by BFTD

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Enjoyable enough watch

Aye, second half was a bit pants, but there were plenty of chances. GNB had a few attacks that a better side should have scored from, so I'm guessing it'll be Ivory Coast's defence that lets them down in the end.

Ah this is the AFCON I know and love. Empty stadia, national anthems you've never heard before and Nigeria currently in a meme storm