Bonnyrigg Rose vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/01/24 at 14:59

I’m sure Farrell will feel that Stenny’s incredible winning run has really let him off the hook, with regards to the title being over this early. It’s a ready made excuse, and I’m surprised he hasn’t come out with “any other season we’d be right in the title race” but the fact is this side would never be title contenders in any season. Far too many unacceptable points dropped and late goals conceded. We may well stumble our way into the playoffs, but this side is not coming through two rounds of two legs.

First words out his mouth “I thought we were very good”. :lol:

What planet does he live on?!

📸 Watch this video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Uvmf7MaLyayRzRXj/?mibextid=KsPBc6

He thought Declan Byrne was excellent for 60 minutes?! 

Stonewall pen and the ball two yards over the line?!

The wee things are just not going for us?!

He's absolutely batshit.

Edited by FifeSons

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

First words out his mouth “I thought we were very good”. :lol:

What planet does he live on?!

📸 Watch this video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Uvmf7MaLyayRzRXj/?mibextid=KsPBc6

He thought Declan Byrne was excellent for 60 minutes?! 

Stonewall pen and the ball two yards over the line?!

The wee things are just not going for us?!

He's absolutely batshit.

It did look like a penalty and it did look like the ball was over the line in real time 

Just now, Nowhereman said:

It did look like a penalty and it did look like the ball was over the line in real time 

They showed it back several times on the stream, and neither was conclusive.

12 hours ago, Elrow said:

Ball was about a yard/maybe 2 yards from being close to the line. 

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

It wasn't that far from the line 😂 it was stopped on the line but the full ball didn't cross it.

Andy 'Hawkeye' Scott got a cracker of it. It's an absolutely outstanding block from Martyniuk. Look at the position he's had to adjust his body into to scoop it away. Was a really tidy effort from Hilton from such a narrow angle too.

419817256_947165276942266_53122872004124

Well, you  see I am not so  sure about that pic of an online foot diverting the ball. It's a still. It is possible the ball had crossed and the player was moving his foot and ball from behind the line. Also possible that after contact the ball bobbled over the line.  Also there is a question about the camera angle there.

But anyway let's say it didn't cross.

On the penalty claim? Are we  talking about the foul the ref gave just outside the box? If so it was a penalty. The foul was committed in the box. I was standing with Rose  supporters and they all knew it was in the box.

I thought we were the better side. Took us too long to organise ourselves  at the back, their corners were very effective, but we played such football as was on display.

Not too despondent about that performance. Not brilliant but we will win games like that on other occasions.

1 hour ago, cremola foam said:

Well, you  see I am not so  sure about that pic of an online foot diverting the ball. It's a still. It is possible the ball had crossed and the player was moving his foot and ball from behind the line. Also possible that after contact the ball bobbled over the line.  Also there is a question about the camera angle there.

But anyway let's say it didn't cross.

On the penalty claim? Are we  talking about the foul the ref gave just outside the box? If so it was a penalty. The foul was committed in the box. I was standing with Rose  supporters and they all knew it was in the box.

I thought we were the better side. Took us too long to organise ourselves  at the back, their corners were very effective, but we played such football as was on display.

Not too despondent about that performance. Not brilliant but we will win games like that on other occasions.

The penalty claim is the one on Ruth in the last few minutes. At the time I thought it was a stonewaller but became less sure the more I watched it.

The foul you're talking about was on Tony Wallace and I'm afraid it was outside the box (watched it back immediately on the stream and the ref got it spot on). Tony fell inside the box but the contact was just outside.