🔴🔵 The Caley v Broomhill ??

Hoping for the thaw to hit on Friday/Saturday as forecast, as trains and pitches will be scunnered until then. 

Could also do with a couple of new signings in to replace all the departures! 

Big build up for this extravaganza!!!

Will anyone not Billy score goals for Caley

Will we see a new signing making their debut

Will there be some pyro?

Will we avoid a cup 'shock'?

11 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Big build up for this extravaganza!!!

Will anyone not Billy score goals for Caley

Will we see a new signing making their debut

Will there be some pyro?

Will we avoid a cup 'shock'?

- Maybe. 

- No

- No

- Probably not

Hopefully, the likes of Roddy will get an hour or so in his comeback from injury. That would be like getting a new signing, I suppose. 

No McKay, Devine or Harper for this. From the recent starting players, I don't see anyone with goals. 

Id move Shaw over to the left for this, and use Bray/ Thompson for at least part of the game. Hopefully MacGregor too, if he's ready.

No fit striker available. Probably Doran starting up front. Which might be ok considering under our recent set up, Billy's been wandering in and out of midfield, with the hope of AMs running on.

3 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

No McKay, Devine or Harper for this. From the recent starting players, I don't see anyone with goals. 

I’d wait and see the starting line up, Dunc’s made similar comments in pre match interviews before then players start the next day. 

We might see Alex Samuel start (think you posted before he was announced).

Could be a record low crowd tomorrow 

17 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’d wait and see the starting line up, Dunc’s made similar comments in pre match interviews before then players start the next day. 

We might see Alex Samuel start (think you posted before he was announced).

Could be a record low crowd tomorrow 

Yep. Before the Samuel announcement. Still don't see a much threat of goals, if Billy's not playing.

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's a honking starting line up. Almost no creativity whatsoever in that side. 

what is the point of having  Roddy MacGregor on the bench when we have a current midfield who couldn’t cut themselves out of a paper bag. Granted it was a nice strike but other than that our midfield trio has offered SFA so far in terms of creativity or drive 

Edited by Ott

29 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Anyone who was at the game able to shed some light on how we lined up to start the game? 

Longstaff and Duffy wing backs. Carson, Gilmour and Anderson in the middle and Doran just in behind Samuel.

Samuel's behind is a thing of voluptuous beauty and he wears it well. I think I'm in love. 

Great to see Macgregor come on and look so assured. I do hope he is spared the misery of further injury. 

As for the game, it finished with the penalty. It looked 50/50 to me in the tussle but Doran went down and the defender went off. 

Samuel made a Nevin of the penalty but got his goal when he turned in a backpost header. 

Took me a while to realise that Samuel was of course Alex Samuel who we just signed and not Austin Samuel who we never see these days. Face palm etc. 

On 19/01/2024 at 09:43, RossP said:

- Maybe. 

- No

- No

- Probably not

Hopefully, the likes of Roddy will get an hour or so in his comeback from injury. That would be like getting a new signing, I suppose. 

Turns out it was:

- Yes

- Yes

- No

- Yes

Broomhill didn’t really turn up, unfortunately, and then after the (fairly soft) penalty and red, that was game over. 

Samuel did well and I’m intrigued to see if he’s put in a two with Billy or if he’s a solo striker that gets 30mins or a rotation when Billy tires. No finesse in his play, but plenty of energy and physicality. Duffy, Anderson, Gilmour were all pretty good. Longstaff was again anonymous, where he was playing as left wing back. 

Roll on an away day to Bonnyrigg please!