Clyde vs Aberdeen

Comfortable enough win for us without really getting out of first gear. Not sure there's much to read out of the performance, Wednesday night against St Johnstone will be more interesting to see where we are post winter break.

I thought Duk looked like he couldn't be arsed when he came on and was first down the tunnel after the game. Whether that's him upset about not starting/getting a move or just his thoughts on the weather I don't know.

A red card in the scottish cup for Pape would have been a good way for him to start off his Sam Cosgrove arc. If 2024 gives me one thing let it be that.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Darvel had won 5-2 at Montrose and went through a spell of being at least lower Championship standard . We also had a perfectly good equaliser scandalously disallowed - which doesn’t excuse anything, but somewhat changes the narrative and the BBC repeating it ad nauseum.

I actually rated our performance against Annan’s Solway Firth select in the LC as even more incompetent, other than the extra time where we ran out easy winners.

For that reason last night was always a worry, but other than the bonnie piece of play from Clyde midway through the first half and a couple of late set piece flurries, things were comfortable enough against a stuffy organised opponent who will improve under McCall.

Our attacking and defensive corners need work, as does Morris’ decision making.

Hopefully Clyde get back to their homeland soon, having to groundshare in Hamilton must be as grim as it gets.

Absolute nonsense Darvel were ever Championship standard.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Just home and haven’t seen any of it back. Felt really unstressed for the whole match and we could/should have scored more but we wanted to walk the ball into the net. Only complaints I have are the weather, baltic, and the fact that the seats were back to front from the map on the AFC website, which confused me and my son briefly. Now we can sit back the whole weekend and laugh where appropriate.

I’m glad this wasn’t just me. Walked from the turnstiles in between the stands to the opposite side and back again looking for my seat.