Clyde vs Aberdeen

Looking forward to this one should be a good crowd and a good earner for the club, Looking like we'll only have 16/17 players available depending on Sulas injury I expect Cuddihy will be out and any players we sign will presumably be cup tied. That will probably see us revert back to the back 3 with Ji and Lyon as wing backs Dunachie P. Grant and Howie at CB R. Grant L. Scullion and Hynes in midfield with Rennie and Young upfront and I dread to think  what is left on the bench. 

Edited by Only one David Marsh

Will be interesting to see how Aberdeen line up for this one. Barry Robson has fairly stubbornly stuck to a back 3 formation this season but the goals against record has been pretty horrendous. Changed to 4 at the back v Ross County before the break and kept a clean sheet and had a good 3-0 victory. Who from the Clyde lineup should Dons fans be paying attention too? It’s a tricky game for this Aberdeen side but I would hope we’d have enough to take care of it, Clyde are obviously struggling as well. How does the plastic pitch at Hamilton play these days? Barry Robson has already blamed plastic pitches for poor Dons performances on more than one occasion this season.

20 hours ago, starryfish said:

Will be interesting to see how Aberdeen line up for this one. Barry Robson has fairly stubbornly stuck to a back 3 formation this season but the goals against record has been pretty horrendous. Changed to 4 at the back v Ross County before the break and kept a clean sheet and had a good 3-0 victory. Who from the Clyde lineup should Dons fans be paying attention too? It’s a tricky game for this Aberdeen side but I would hope we’d have enough to take care of it, Clyde are obviously struggling as well. How does the plastic pitch at Hamilton play these days? Barry Robson has already blamed plastic pitches for poor Dons performances on more than one occasion this season.

We’re shite, if you don’t win by 3 or 4 I’d be pleasantly surprised! I’m looking forward to this one, though. I’ve never seen us play Aberdeen in my 34 years. Don’t recall us playing you at all in that time!

Have you sold many tickets for the game?! I’m hoping for a sell out or as close to as possible. 

Aberdeen has been allocated 3,800 tickets, but selling them all seems unlikely, especially with the match being televised on a Friday night. Currently, only 450 tickets remain in the north stand, indicating that approximately 1,400 have been sold.  

The last encounter with Clyde took place in August 1991 during the league cup, resulting in a 4-0 victory for Aberdeen. In the Scottish Cup, Aberdeen boasts a record of 4 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses. Additionally, Aberdeen has maintained an unbeaten record in away games.  

While Clyde appears to have improved under McCall, my optimism remains high that Aberdeen will have the advantage, fueled by the motivating Darvel result. Despite my confidence in a smooth victory, there is a slight concern considering Aberdeen's historical challenges in cup competitions over the past few years.

On 15/01/2024 at 11:40, betting competition said:

Aberdeen has been allocated 3,800 tickets, but selling them all seems unlikely, especially with the match being televised on a Friday night. Currently, only 450 tickets remain in the north stand, indicating that approximately 1,400 have been sold.  

The last encounter with Clyde took place in August 1991 during the league cup, resulting in a 4-0 victory for Aberdeen. In the Scottish Cup, Aberdeen boasts a record of 4 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses. Additionally, Aberdeen has maintained an unbeaten record in away games.  

While Clyde appears to have improved under McCall, my optimism remains high that Aberdeen will have the advantage, fueled by the motivating Darvel result. Despite my confidence in a smooth victory, there is a slight concern considering Aberdeen's historical challenges in cup competitions over the past few years.

The stand behind the goal at Hamilton holds 2,250 so if there are 450 tickets left Aberdeen have sold around 1,800 so far

Hamilton and Leitch cup tied so only Howie of the new signings will be available. 

In terms of threats, there aren’t many 😂 Dunachie is a threat from set pieces, he’s scored in the last 3 prior to Saturday and has 5 or 6 for the season from centre back. Rennie and Young have forged a decent partnership up front as the seasons went on. 

I can enjoy Friday in the knowledge Euan Cameron is suspended. 

No snow down here so far, hopefully that keeps up. 

You can blame bbc and probably darvel for the reduced away crowd. 

I have very little knowledge of Clyde, Ian McCall is a decent manager though so no doubt we’ll find this difficult. Just get through please dons. 

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Have Aberdeen sold any tickets for the main stand or filling the north stand before offering tickets for the main stand?

They’ve only put the North Stand on sale with 400 tickets left. Would’ve sold more for a Saturday.

Can anyone explain what possible reason the Clyde board have for only having physical tickets for the game, that are posted to fans and will arrive in 3-5 working days? 

Any idea why they aren't using electronic tickets or selling tickets at the ground? Only managed now to get a shift swap so was hoping to go to the game but unlikely now?

1 hour ago, COM_Shepard said:

Can anyone explain what possible reason the Clyde board have for only having physical tickets for the game, that are posted to fans and will arrive in 3-5 working days? 

Any idea why they aren't using electronic tickets or selling tickets at the ground? Only managed now to get a shift swap so was hoping to go to the game but unlikely now?

Someone asked this on another forum and there are apparently contingencies in place to ensure everyone who orders a ticket will get it.  I’m assuming there will be some sort of collection in place on the night, they probably just didn’t want to advertise it to stop everyone leaving it to the last minute if it could be avoided. 

2 hours ago, COM_Shepard said:

If you order today it could be with you tomorrow, 2 of my pals ordered Monday lunch time and had it Tuesday morning. 

On 15/01/2024 at 11:18, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We’re shite, if you don’t win by 3 or 4 I’d be pleasantly surprised! I’m looking forward to this one, though. I’ve never seen us play Aberdeen in my 34 years. Don’t recall us playing you at all in that time!

Have you sold many tickets for the game?! I’m hoping for a sell out or as close to as possible. 

This seems to be our last competitive meeting, a league cup tie in August 1991.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=4009

Due to personal circumstances I can't get to as many games as I did pre-Covid. However I am attending this one and for Clyde fans that should be a boost as when I do get to games at the moment they tend to be absolute horror shows for us.

7 hours ago, Kempes said:

I was at this match. It was at Douglas Park though, not Shawfield (as quoted in the article). Could do with Willie McVie on Friday night!

Can't have been much longer after that that Gerry McCoy and Martin Scott left us and moved to Albion Rovers.

Still shudder every time I see the name Hugh Stevenson on the teamlist.  If folk have issues with Jack Leighfield, they'd have been apopletic seeing him in goals (the 'highlights' of his disasterclass against then non-league Inverness Caledonian  in the Scottish Cup are freely available on YouTube.

13 hours ago, COM_Shepard said:

I ordered a ticket online yesterday morning and it arrived in this morning's post. 

I'm impressed! 

18 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Suspect this will be a win, but a bit of a slog nonetheless.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Only time I remember being away to Clyde in the Scottish cup was 1984 and we had a wee bit of a better team at that time. We won 2-0.

I remember our bus got lost on the way but not much about the game. Must have been at Shawfield I would guess in 84???

Edited by Suspect Device