Livi v Raith

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

After beating Premiership Motherwell last year, Steven Hammell got the sack, will history repeat itself on Saturday?

Be a bit harsh if Steven Hammell gets the sack again. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

5 hours ago, embow said:

Frozen artificial pitch? This is just giving more ammo for that numpty in Inverness to moan about.

Artificial grass pitches are supposed to be weather resistant given that they are of course a decent quality.

Hmm! 🤔. Maybe therein lies the problem?

The wild part is that we both have the same pitch. Installed by the same company in the same summer with the same product laid. Only difference is you guys used up all the green balls so we got stuck with the black ones

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Issue will be if the pitch is already frozen by now though, there's a section of the pitch that gets zero sunlight from October-April. If that part has frozen then there's no way for it to thaw out. Doesn't help that the stadium is also in the low point of a valley right next to a river - can end up 3-4 degrees colder than surrounding areas. 

It's happened in a similar way previously where the actual game day is fairly mild weather but the weather in the 2-3 days leading up to the game is what's caused the issue

Just have the tea ladies toddle on out with their kettles.

5 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t top flight teams have to install underground heating anymore? Thought that was a rule in the past but no idea if it’s still a thing as we ditched the 10,000 and then 6,000 seats rule. 

Undersoil, yes, required for pitches comprising soil…just saying. FIFA Quality Pro standard says nothing about heating a pitch, and that’s the applicable SFA/SPFL standard.

Back above freezing now and a bit drizzly (well according to BBC anyway) so should already be starting to thaw.  Shouldn't get any colder than 3 between now and kick off and will be a balmy 8 tomorrow afternoon.  I'm fairly confident this should be absolutely fine.

A midweek came could cost Livvy a fair bit with lower crowd, less hospitality and potentially being out of pocket for food already bought.  For some unknown reason, I have this feeling that finances aren't great at the club so I would assume they'll do what they can to get this one on.

On the flipside, a slight delay gives the new guys more time to bed into the squad which potentially increases their chances of getting through and getting a more money-spinning tie in the next round.

I don't think anyone would seriously think Livvy wont be doing everything possible to get this game on.

Premiership survival has to be their main focus, so this is a great opportunity to give the new guys a game in what is essentially a "free hit" against Rovers before returning to league duty next week. 

It's actually a "free hit" for Rovers too and gives us a great opportunity to put our recent league form behind us.  As much as Livvy are struggling, they're still at home to a team from a lower division.  I would therefore expect them to have a go at us which will give our attacking players plenty of space.

Thankfully, there's still no replays in the Scottish Cup this year so we don't need to worry about extra games.

Do Livi not train on their pitch like we do with ours? has there been a massive difference in temp/conditions from Livi to Kirkcaldy as our pitchs appears to be fine, pics on Twitter of players training on it yesterday. 

14 hours ago, embow said:

Frozen artificial pitch? This is just giving more ammo for that numpty in Inverness to moan about.

Artificial grass pitches are supposed to be weather resistant given that they are of course a decent quality.

Hmm! 🤔. Maybe therein lies the problem?

Yeah, that’s no how it works. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Do Livi not train on their pitch like we do with ours? has there been a massive difference in temp/conditions from Livi to Kirkcaldy as our pitchs appears to be fine, pics on Twitter of players training on it yesterday. 

It was mentioned a portion of the pitch at Almondvale doesn’t get sun for several months, where the only portion at Stark’s Park in a similar situation would be a small section in the SE corner by the Main Stand. The rate at which even diffuse sunlight can slightly warm a patch of ground is pretty impressive, but likewise a deeply shaded area can have issues (look at all the half the courtyard in sun, half with snow pictures you see). I did notice the keepers seem to practice on the north goal in recent videos…perhaps that’s why.

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I don't think anyone would seriously think Livvy wont be doing everything possible to get this game on.

Premiership survival has to be their main focus, so this is a great opportunity to give the new guys a game in what is essentially a "free hit" against Rovers before returning to league duty next week. 

It's actually a "free hit" for Rovers too and gives us a great opportunity to put our recent league form behind us.  As much as Livvy are struggling, they're still at home to a team from a lower division.  I would therefore expect them to have a go at us which will give our attacking players plenty of space.

Thankfully, there's still no replays in the Scottish Cup this year so we don't need to worry about extra games.

You'd think so, but there are always a few heads gone numpties that can't deal with games being postponed, and come out with all sorts of nonsense. 

We'll have put salt down and covers on, the rising temps over Fri and Sat should see the game on. Against County we didn't have a full day of above zero temps, and had to do an early morning pitch inspection with County fans having to get plenty notice, sure it'll be fine for tomorrow's game.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The green crumb was considerably more expensive than the black, maybe Livingston didn't want to invest.

Yep, and TBF it gave us more anti plastic pitch moaners to laugh at, as they lost it seeing all the black pellets jumping up when the ball was kicked.

Sure we hoovered some up after the first couple of games were played, as we'd gone a little bit over the score with the amount we'd put down.🤣

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, and TBF it gave us more anti plastic pitch moaners to laugh at, as they lost it seeing all the black pellets jumping up when the ball was kicked.

Sure we hoovered some up after the first couple of games were played, as we'd gone a little bit over the score with the amount we'd put down.🤣

I recall a game at Alloa v's Dundee Utd.

They shovelled the snow into the advertising boards rather than dump it as it had half the crumb belonging the pitch still in the snow.

On 16/01/2024 at 13:54, LiviLion said:

Hamilton

Donnellan  -  Nottingham  -  Obileye

MacKay  -  Holt  -  Pittman  -  Penrice

Yengi  -  Kelly

Anderson

Something like that. I'll be surprised if Donnellan jumps in ahead of Devlin and Montaño, though. Then I expect Guthrie to be the centre forward. Also Bradley will probably keep his place from the last match and maybe Shinnie too.

Edit: Actually, Shinnie will surely start, he was MotM against Hearts. That'll probably bump Pittman forward into one of the attacking mid slots. Bradley or Yengi will take the other slot.

Edited by Freedom Farter

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The green crumb was considerably more expensive than the black, maybe Livingston didn't want to invest.

We actually paid for the green ones, then when they came to do it they told us yourselves and Hamilton had used them all. Since we were last we just couldn’t get it done :D 

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Over 1300 away tickets sold 

Decent. Excited to get the Fife Pound.

I can see us winning 4-1, I can see us losing 4-1. Only guarantee is that Jack Hamilton will score, after being pish here for 5 years.