Livi v Raith

3 at the back when the centre back in there ie: the most important player in the 3 at the back is a midfielder filling in is absolute folley. 

On another note is there something wrong with that pitch? it looked too solid, the ball was behaving oddly and players seemed to pick up more knocks than usua

19 minutes ago, pub car king said:

3 at the back when the centre back in there ie: the most important player in the 3 at the back is a midfielder filling in is absolute folley. 

On another note is there something wrong with that pitch? it looked too solid, the ball was behaving oddly and players seemed to pick up more knocks than usua

It’s the same pitch we have, bought the same year, but with black granules, the “correct” underlay, and it’s frozen all the time. It gets pelters all the time from players and fans, so who know what else is wrong with it.

4 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You'll no be so cocky when yer relegated and have to face us in the league next season. 

That’s why I’m trying to enjoy it so much right now :D 

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You'll no be so cocky when yer relegated and have to face us in the league next season. 

Not surprised you've given up on promotion after today's performance. 

Hopefully we can stick a couple zeros on the bill we'll be sending to Raith, get a Devlin replacement in the door and I'll be happy. 

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Not surprised you've given up on promotion after today's performance. 

Hopefully we can stick a couple zeros on the bill we'll be sending to Raith, get a Devlin replacement in the door and I'll be happy. 

What's the bill for ??

So that's what coming away from the football winning a game feels like, i'd forgotten, it was that long ago we won. Scoring 2 goals in open play too, ffs, should've done the lotto before i got home.

Hands up who thought we were winning this after going a goal down...........................................................yeah no c**t. Missing that penalty felt like here we go again.

MacKay with an assist and a goal, i think we'll be a lot better off with him playing than Nouble. Brandon too, another player that suffered because Nouble got stuck in as a RWB. A bit worry seeing 3 players going off injured though

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the bill for ??

Damaging the pitch with a flare being chucked on it at the start of the game. Pretty stupid thing to do when you have a plastic pitch yourselves and must know the heat will melt the plastic.

Can’t complain about the result, we’re a mile off it and current tactics and lack of CB’s is ripping my knitting.

Can see why Livi are bottom of the league, they’ve a few players that don’t actually look like footballers but that’s not saying much for us right now.

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s the same pitch we have, bought the same year, but with black granules, the “correct” underlay, and it’s frozen all the time. It gets pelters all the time from players and fans, so who know what else is wrong with it.

I can't speak for Starks Park but I think Almondvale is in a bit of a microclimate - relatively high altitude in the area but the stadium at the bottom of the valley. I'm not sure if the lower temperatures are having an effect on the pitch over time. What I can say is that the plastic pitch wins by default as the previous grass pitch would postpone a lot more games over the season. 

Shame I didn't know about the Raith stream earlier, it would have been good to watch and put some money into a great media team.

Brilliant result for us after being so long without win. I'm not sure how we lined up but I'm delighted to see Dan Mackay having an impact in the game. I hope he stays fit as I think he could be a big player for us in the second half of the season.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Damaging the pitch with a flare being chucked on it at the start of the game. Pretty stupid thing to do when you have a plastic pitch yourselves and must know the heat will melt the plastic.

Raith fans damaged their own pitch a couple of years ago with a flare. 

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I know it's a b*****d but you need to bill the stewards for not doing their job.