Post Office Scandal

21 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

I bet you the ones that actually were nicking money are relieved. 

See this is why I don’t think it is right for the PM and FM to be quashing all convictions etc without proper consideration.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

See this is why I don’t think it is right for the PM and FM to be quashing all convictions etc without proper consideration.

"It is far better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man is wrongfully convicted."

Undoubtedty, there will be a few who were at it, and who will get off lightly as a result of this, but to go through and review on a case-by-case basis achieves little other than to prolong the ordeal for the many innocent victims.

4 hours ago, Shipa said:

"It is far better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man is wrongfully convicted."

Undoubtedty, there will be a few who were at it, and who will get off lightly as a result of this, but to go through and review on a case-by-case basis achieves little other than to prolong the ordeal for the many innocent victims.

Not according to Dorothy Bain.

7 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Post Office just before Christmas and I was doing a couple of things and asked for 1st class stamps,

Cashier - Books of 4 or 8 are available

Me - Book of 8 (and I put a tenner on the counter at that point)

She hands me a book of 8 and I stand there, she looks at me at which point I realise a book of stamps is a tenner as they £1.25 each.

Emailing cards next year

You got let off lightly as Horizon would've accounted for it as a £50 sale.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/23/horizon-scandal-concern-over-complex-route-to-justice-for-scottish-victims

"In Scotland, the cases were investigated by the Post Office but they were prosecuted by the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS), the state prosecutor in Scotland, in contrast to England and Wales where the Post Office pursued the vast majority of cases directly.

Dorothy Bain, the lord advocate who heads the COPFS, gave a statement to the Scottish parliament last week in which she raised the possibility that “not every case in which Horizon evidence is present will represent a miscarriage of justice” – setting her at odds with the first minister, Humza Youaf, who has said his government would work with UK counterparts to adopt Rishi Sunak’s pledge of blanket exoneration."

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like the PO is doubling down. Should be more shite from Sunak and Badenoch.

Post Office said last month it stands by most Horizon convictions

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/22/post-office-said-last-month-it-stands-by-most-horizon-convictions

• 1 month later...