Reform UK going from strength to strength.

22 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Looks like an admin error at Reform HQ after the gentleman passed away.  Not really a gotcha.

Not sure I ever said I was voting for them anyway.  I’ll make my decision nearer the time.

Actually you did.   See your first post on page 1 of this thread.

I work on the assumption that people will answer pollsters as if the next question is why.

For most parties, a short answer will be enough.  "I believe in independence", "I care about the environment", "We need this government out".

How does anyone explain why they still plan to vote Tory?  Easier to say you plan to vote Reform.

They are practically the same party now.  Farage can go to the Tory conference and nobody minds.  Some would even like him as their leader.

Can't recall any Tory MP having a really good go at the Reform Party.  That would upset the Tory Party members not to mention all their rich and powerful friends in the media.

2 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

As I said, I wasn't sure.

I'll make my decision nearer the time.

One thing's for sure - they're climbing in the polls.

Have you seen the light? You see Reform as a racist xenophobic right wing party and are baulking at voting for them?

They'll hopefully take a wheen of the Tory votes and still get absolutely no seats.

Not sure if Starmer is much better though. A bit less racisty I suppose.

Must be shite living down south.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Have you seen the light? You see Reform as a racist xenophobic right wing party and are baulking at voting for them?

I see them as right wing, which is what I am.

In the interests of not being dragged down, I’ll refrain from commenting on the rest of your post.

9 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I see them as right wing, which is what I am.

In the interests of not being dragged down, I’ll refrain from commenting on the rest of your post.

As a right winger I really don't there is any more room to dragged down for you. You are already there.

Whole I admit that the SNP, for whom I usually vote, seem incompetent and out of their depth in running the country, Reform UK, like UKIP before them, seem incompetent and out if their depth in running their own party. Why would you vote for them to run the country? Can't you find, ahem, a nice, well-run right-wing party?

17 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Whole I admit that the SNP, for whom I usually vote, seem incompetent and out of their depth in running the country, Reform UK, like UKIP before them, seem incompetent and out if their depth in running their own party. Why would you vote for them to run the country? Can't you find, ahem, a nice, well-run right-wing party?

He changes his parties like he changes his pants*, but a well-run right-wing party might be a bit of a tricky ask.

The Lib Dems might be well run, seeing as how there are only a handful of them in Scotland now. Perhaps Abla or the Scottish Family Party? You probably only need one person who knows what they're doing at that level of support.

* at least three times in a decade or so

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

If this is directed to me Kirkie, then I’m not sure who to vote for yet.

If I vote Reform, then it will be safe in the knowledge that they won’t be running the country though.  They’d be acting as a pressure group to make the Tories conservative again.

Until we get rid of FPTP (good chance that’ll never happen) then I’m afraid that Labour/Tories/SNP will be the only shows in town, and all three are corrupt as hell.

The current Conservative Party not being conservative enough!  
A Farage party not being corrupt!

Just when you thought he was being dull, we're right back in with the bangers.

5 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

If this is directed to me Kirkie, then I’m not sure who to vote for yet.

If I vote Reform, then it will be safe in the knowledge that they won’t be running the country though.  They’d be acting as a pressure group to make the Tories conservative again.

Until we get rid of FPTP (good chance that’ll never happen) then I’m afraid that Labour/Tories/SNP will be the only shows in town, and all three are corrupt as hell.

They may call themselvesConservative, but they are anything but, and never have been. Only in name are they conservative, to converse the class system and the upper echelons and bugger everyone else. And the likes of you pander to it.

35 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

They may call themselvesConservative, but they are anything but, and never have been. Only in name are they conservative, to converse the class system and the upper echelons and bugger everyone else. And the likes of you pander to it.

I suggest you re-read my last few posts 😄