Hertz vs. Dundee, Tuesday 23rd January 7.45pm

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hearing the Dundee groundstaff are heading to Tynecastle to assist in the attempt to get the game off

That genuinely made me laugh out loud. The missus said ‘what are you laughing at’, so I told her and she laughed out loud too. Must be very funny, believe me. 

On 21/01/2024 at 15:00, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hopefully Carson is fine to start, and that the news that Lamie is fully fit now as what I heard suggests.

Carson should be fine, but per Stuart Taylor we'll still be without Lamie which is unfortunate. Would much rather stick in Astley even if he is new than Ashcroft at RCB again.

6 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

He’s a postie down my way!

Must take him ages to deliver the mail - he was as slow as a week in the jail. 
That said he was a very skilful player and would walk into our team now. If you see him tell him a Dundee fan remembers him fondly. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Back in the day we never used to worry about the weather stopping play this time of year.

Almost 36 years ago to the day*

* I’ve kept the photo black and white as I thought that would be in-keeping with photos of our other trophy successes 😎

IMG_2958.jpeg

Back row centre I'm sure is another former JamboDee in Alan Lawrence.

Signed for £25k after it took 3 games to shake off Meadowbank Thistle in the Scottish Cup back in the 80's, then subsequently disappeared into our reserves, iirc.

Owen Beck's a tidy player no mistake, however he's no Tosh McKinlay as yet, not even close, imho.

Merely my opinion.

Edited by This Charming Man

Just now, This Charming Man said:

Signed for £25k after it took 3 games to shake off Meadowbank Thistle in the Scottish Cup back in the 80's, then subsequently disappeared into our reserves, iirc.

Owen Beck's a tidy player no mistake, however he's no Tosh MacKinlay as yet, not even close, imho.

Merely my opinion.

I was at all those games TCM. He gave Tosh a real fright. What a player Tosh was - do you agree that Beck’s style is very similar to Tosh’s though? What would McKinlay be worth now the way FB’s and WB’s are valued in the modern game?

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Tosh was a brilliant fullback and an absolute gentleman.  Loved him

He was the Dundee ‘guest’ in our hospitality a few months ago and was seated at our table. He was a gent and pretty funny. ‘People ask if it upsets me the amount of money players earn now compared to what I got. Not at all. I’ve got enough money to do anything I want for the rest of my life. Providing I die by a week on Tuesday’ etc. 

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Owen Beck's a tidy player no mistake, however he's no Tosh MacKinlay as yet, not even close, imho.

Merely my opinion.

Funny you should say that ,beck reminds so much of a young Tosh , 

18 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Funny you should say that ,beck reminds so much of a young Tosh , 

To answer yourself @Wee jeemie and @Fifespud, Owen Beck does remind me of a young Tosh McKinlay, in style, plus his playing application and refreshing attitude to the game.

However, any of you guys, like myself who watched Tosh come through the ranks at Dens, he was a regular in our 1st team at 19 years of age. Owen Beck has two apparent poor loan spells prior to us and is 22 years old this August. Only highlighting both are and were tremendous talents, merely developing at a different speed, that's all.

As for transfer values of Tosh against Owen, where do you start? Different times as I say.

Regards

Just now, SEETHING said:

Why are you boring b*****ds talking about ye olde footeballe instead of the storm-intensity gubbing that Hearts will be delivering tomorrow evening? 

Eat Worth It GIF by BuzzFeed

25 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

To answer yourself @Wee jeemie and @Fifespud, Owen Beck does remind me of a young Tosh McKinlay, in style, plus his playing application and refreshing attitude to the game.

However, any of you guys, like myself who watched Tosh come through the ranks at Dens, he was a regular in our 1st team at 19 years of age. Owen Beck has two apparent poor loan spells prior to us and is 22 years old this August. Only highlighting both are and were tremendous talents, merely developing at a different speed, that's all.

As for transfer values of Tosh against Owen, where do you start? Different times as I say.

Regards

It’s slightly harder to break into the Liverpool first team than the Dundee first team!!