Munich

afca32

I thought it was worth starting a thread to discuss things to do, places to eat/drink etc. I've got 3 full days there before heading up to Cologne. Quite a fancy a trip to the Alps one day. Other than that, got no real plans so suggestions welcome.

53 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I thought it was worth starting a thread to discuss things to do, places to eat/drink etc. I've got 3 full days there before heading up to Cologne. Quite a fancy a trip to the Alps one day. Other than that, got no real plans so suggestions welcome.

Innsbruck is about 1 and a half-2 hours away by train.

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Dachau is on the list for us - not the cheeriest of activities though. 

I’ve looked at going there on the Saturday, although my hangovers can  be dark enough at the best of times without that thrown in the mix.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

I've visited Munich a lot, although not when a tournament is on, and it is busy and difficult to get into the popular places when its just dealing with normal amount of visitors.

However there are plenty of beer gardens outside the old town and those would be on my plan as places like the Hofbrauhaus are ok to say you've done it/seen, but not nearly as good to spend time in the summer as the ones outside and close by eg Königlicher Hirschgarten, near the main station which is massive, the Seehaus or Chinesischer Turm in the Englischer Garten.

There are so many places you will not go wrong, its a fantastic city to sit and drink beer in.