Parachute Payments

5 hours ago, ekok said:

The absolute disrespect being shown by some in this thread is a disgrace.  As usual the entitlement regarding  Tier 6 raises its head from some posters as well. Funny, don't recall much or any of that before West came to the party.

The disrespect is from where, individuals on this forum, your gonna get that but not from clubs, all clubs just want a fair crack and level playing field regarding relegation and promotion . I am west orientated and think of the West but decisions that are made that affect the West, positive or negative quite rightly apply to the East as they are at the same tier, the same goes for the SOSFL, (yes i do not think this association should be at tier 6 due to the low standard of football but they are here and entitled to be at tier 6 as that was their entry level as an association) (Personally - Way off in the future if it will ever happen but I would also like to see it changed amicably by whatever method but as long as it works out just East and West at tier 6, will make everything a whole lot easier, East champions play West champions or Both East and West champions promoted with two down from the LL).  There is no entitlement of teams of leagues should be higher than what they are or lower what they are, every team is equal as an entity and no matter what division they are in.  The problem we have with certain higher divisions make decisions that affect lower down teams who cannot do anything about it.  i.e Spfl2 teams and above can make decisions on relegation that effect  LL and the LL cant do that much about it.  LL make decisions about relegation and the leagues below WOSFL, EOSFL and SOSFL cannot do much about it.

I say my peace on here why, because I actually go and been to games in the WOSFL, SOSFL, EOSFL, LL, HL, NL and ML or watched teams from those leagues play after covid, most areas listed before covid.  I will say, lots of supporters , especially in the Highland and Lowland have that attitude, (and this is from chatting with a lot), about the upstarts from below and I think to myself, WTF have they been reading or who they been listening too.

I think there should be a fair promotion and relegation throughout ALL divisions in our Scottish Pyramid to make it one of the most competitive Pyramid systems out there but it is not fair and anyone who is objective I would expect the same answer anyone else who says differently has alternative or ulterior views.

One final thing, In regards to this thread and what the OP is saying, I would say is totally wrong and go as far as saying a silly view, if totally meant.  ffs we could get a teams from the Lowland league offering kick backs to clubs to resign to help their own club or clubs lower down offering kickback to higher league clubs so they can benefit.  The way its structured just now will suffice to see who goes down, if any goes down so play out the season as normal 👍

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Forgot Midland League Opps

On 30/01/2024 at 18:34, Bestsinceslicebread said:

...I say my peace on here why, because I actually go and been to games in the WOSFL, SOSFL, EOSFL, LL, HL, NL and ML or watched teams from those leagues play after covid, most areas listed before covid.  I will say, lots of supporters , especially in the Highland and Lowland have that attitude, (and this is from chatting with a lot), about the upstarts from below and I think to myself, WTF have they been reading or who they been listening too...

Fingers crossed the Highland League types with that mentality will be travelling to Lochee next season. Should be a good laugh to see what they have to post about that on Fitba North. One good thing about the Lowland League catchment is that there is pretty much guaranteed to be a new entrant from below every season unlike the Highland League scenario. If a licensed club from the West isn't champion again there will still be Broxburn to add further to the West Lothian contingent. More of the top West clubs will get there on licensing. That means that eventually this issue is going to get sorted out. Just a pity the pyramid couldn't have been done properly straight away a decade or so back rather than winding up being a work in progress that will take 20 years or so to unfold.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Fingers crossed the Highland League types with that mentality will be travelling to Lochee next season. Should be a good laugh to see what they have to post about that on Fitba North. One good thing about the Lowland League catchment is that there is pretty much guaranteed to be a new entrant from below every season unlike the Highland League scenario. If a licensed club from the West isn't champion again there will still be Broxburn to add further to the West Lothian contingent. More of the top West clubs will get there on licensing. That means that eventually this issue is going to get sorted out. Just a pity the pyramid couldn't have been done properly straight away a decade or so back rather than winding up being a work in progress that will take 20 years or so to unfold.

Suppose it is what it is and we are hear now.
We are headed in the right direction, it is very slow and not the way most would have wanted but look back 5, 6, 10 years ago,  never thought back then we would be at the stage we are now which is great but knowing what we all know, it should have progressed a lot earlier