Lame Lions vs Sour Staggies Tue 30th Jan

16 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’d agree with all of that bar the bit about Brown. I thought he did well against Livingston’s biggest (?) threat given the difference in stature. 

Maybe I'm being harsh on him. Wouldn't hate seeing Harmon starting for CBJ on Saturday. He looks like he needs a rest.

10 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Pisstake team selection gets what it deserved

Martindale has had 2 fundamental flaws this season. The first was our system selection and the second was team selection. He has rectified half of one those issues by changing to the 4-2-3-1 but it's come too late and his team selection has been baffling pretty much all season. 

Even now when he's changed formation he's not fully committed to a system change because too often he has us punting it to Guthrie who is doing a thankless job because when he does hold it up or flick it on he has zero support. Martindale still roars at him for how he does this though as a complete lone striker which is ridiculous. 

I think it was in 2021 that Bruce Anderson had a diabetic seizure during a game and since then Martindale's man management of Anderson has been downright awful. Whether it's been consistently hooking him after around 60 minutes when he does start or benching him. It's caused Anderson to be low on confidence and come in to a lot of games cold then Martindale has the audacity to criticise him at times when he's missed chances. 

Couple this with the poor management of Steven Bradley, Stephen Kelly and Nouble means that our best players are so low on confidence and struggle to impact a game when it really matters. 

Yet all we'll hear in the media is our budget is small and nobody wants to play for us. Martindale has done a tremendous job but his inexperience has really started to show. 

Edited by Livi La Vida Loca

Having watched the highlights, Livi were very wasteful in front of goal, this could quite easily have been 4-2.  I also do not think than anyone should be scoring with a header from behind the penalty spot, it wasn't exactly a bullet.  Laidlaw would have saved that.

4 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Having watched the highlights, Livi were very wasteful in front of goal, this could quite easily have been 4-2.  I also do not think than anyone should be scoring with a header from behind the penalty spot, it wasn't exactly a bullet.  Laidlaw would have saved that.

I’m not sure if it was the keeper or the left back at fault, but it should never have gone in.   That said, neither should Murray’s first.