Lame Lions vs Sour Staggies Tue 30th Jan

14 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I can only hope Guthrie is gonna be a target man for crosses from wingers rather than the target man for pointless punts up the park.

Two overlapping full backs with wide attackers in their best roles this time (rather than Bradley on the left), so there's definitely potential down both flanks for good deliveries coming in. I hope Guthrie doesn't leave us blunt at the point of our attack, though, as he lacks the movement and predatory instincts of Anderson. Guthrie has hinted at a bit of promise from crosses, though, I'm thinking of his offside "goal" against Hearts. Hopefully tonight he can get on the end of something or if not, at least provide a useful foil to that line of three behind him.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I will donate 1p for every attendee at this game tonight to the Livingston fighting fund when that is inevitably needed in the near future.

Bookmark it.

20p won’t make much difference.

County scoring has at least made us play a little bit better. Hopefully continues but I smell a shite early second half goal to kill us.

Simon Murray to score first at 7/1 is the easiest money I've ever made. 

Nottingham is so shite and I fear McGovern might be too. That said, County's backline looks equally rotten so there's a chance we could sneak this. 

Terrible attempt by Bradley on half time to put us ahead. No idea how he missed the target by that much.

21 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

How was that EVER called as an offside & why did it take so long to give an obvious goal.

Was watching out the corner of my eye but the lines drawn looked surprisingly close. I thought it was well onside too.

Compared to the 3-4-2-1, the 4-2-3-1 allows us to build up down the flanks. Bradley and Brandon combined well for the cross that led to the goal. We also saw Nouble and Penrice combining well down the left. Then when that cross comes in, Pittman and the opposite side winger are always there alongside Guthrie. That overloaded County's back line for Bradley's chance at the end of the half there.

Our defending has been utterly atrocious all season so Martindale trying to build the team around that aspect of our play has been maddening. Now with the 4-2-3-1 it allows us to just accept we can't defend and to instead try playing on the front foot, to try scoring goals ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The lassie on Livi feed is as rough as, she also never shuts up. "time" "man oan" "pit it acroass!"

Did she win a competition?

Alright Joey Barton, settle down. 

Spoiler

I actually agree. She adds nothing but the occasional sound effect.