Hibernian v St.Mirren

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What has happened to St Mirren match threads? For the first couple of months they were 30/40 pages long with Saints fans rubbing everyone’s noses in their wins. We’re on Page 5 of a game you’ve strolled.

How’s that games in hand thing working out?

You guys 3rd yet?

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Have you looked at the table?

Absolutely no way I’m ruling out a similar turnaround in fortunes as last season for Aberdeen. Win those two games in hand and you are 1 point behind us. 

I would just like Saints to get some more consistency and a few victories to get into the top 6 sooner rather than a last game “all or nothing” situation.

Budgets invariably have a lot to do with where clubs end up in the league. Aberdeens budget is usually 4/5 times  St Mirren’s.

Yesterday felt like watching the game we pumped Aberdeen in to get Goodwin sacked last season but our players were the ones who had clearly given up trying for the manager this time. St Mirren could’ve easily had five or six in the first half. 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

And Mandron's.

😄

Hibs defence all at sea. Who thought that bringing in a bunch of young journeymen with different cultural/ linguistic backgrounds, who have no affinity with struggling Hibs and who'll be away somewhere else in 3 months would bring success? Even if it does bear fruit eventually, 3rd place and maybe even 4th and 5th may be well out of reach. Killie, Dundee and St Mirren are all decent teams this year.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

😄

Hibs defence all at sea. Who thought that bringing in a bunch of young journeymen with different cultural/ linguistic backgrounds, who have no affinity with struggling Hibs and who'll be away somewhere else in 3 months would bring success? Even if it does bear fruit eventually, 3rd place and maybe even 4th and 5th may be well out of reach. Killie, Dundee and St Mirren are all decent teams this year.

It's very promising stuff, given that Hibs' new place in the world is going to be developing players not ready to play for Bournemouth yet.

We're going to see a lot of this. Young lads sent to make their mistakes at Hibs. It's wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Handball perhaps?

How? It was called as a foul by Collum IIRC. St Mirren player gets the shot off and collides with the Hibs player once the ball is flying far, far out of having any immediate relevance to that passage of play 

3 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Our biggest win at Easter Road since April 1985.

0-4 (Winnie, McAvennie 2, Gallagher). Attendance: 3669.

Saints went onto finish 5th. Hibs 8th, 8 points above Dumbarton who were relegated along with Morton.

And about half of that seemed to be Hibs casuals, as I recall. My old boy and I bolted well before the end to give us a sporting chance of getting away unscathed.

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

How? It was called as a foul by Collum IIRC. St Mirren player gets the shot off and collides with the Hibs player once the ball is flying far, far out of having any immediate relevance to that passage of play 

It said handball on the screens at the game.

46 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

And about half of that seemed to be Hibs casuals, as I recall. My old boy and I bolted well before the end to give us a sporting chance of getting away unscathed.

They all appeared 20 mins before the end and gathered in the enclosure below the Main Stand. But quickly disappeared when they realised there wasn't much of an away support. Unlike earlier on the season when there was fighting in the other 3 games

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Aaah fair enough. I misinterpreted what was said on Sportsecene.... They definitely indicated it was a foul I thought?

It was another one of those penalties where the player's arm was out from his body and the ball hit it. No intent by the player at all.

A ridiculous award, but these are the rules and we've had several given against us for the same thing.

Deliberate handball to gain an advantage shouldn't be that hard to spot on VAR and that's when a penalty should be awarded, not when a ball is blasted against or deflects onto a player's outstretched "unnaturally positioned" arm from a few feet away IMO.