Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am I giving Cormack too much credit to say he has a target that'll join in the summer and are currently unavailable or unwanting to take over just now? The fear in me says that could be Docherty but I'm sure they'll be aiming much higher - I reckon they'll go for a big name in the summer. Can be the only reasonable rationale behind this IMO.

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

It's a no to Warnock for me. The media coverage will be nauseating and he's the type of personality that english people say 'he's old skool, tells it like it is' which usually means he's a total arsehole. 

He'll see it as doing us a favour too . We should be looking for someone long term, none of this 'steadying the ship' nonsense.

The reason that we will bring Warnock in, if we do, is just that, we are looking for someone long term. Regardless of what happens, Warnock is here until May maximum. Four months.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Am I giving Cormack too much credit to say he has a target that'll join in the summer and are currently unavailable or unwanting to take over just now? The fear in me says that could be Docherty but I'm sure they'll be aiming much higher - I reckon they'll go for a big name in the summer. Can be the only reasonable rationale behind this IMO.

No offense, but what makes you think we'd be going after Doc and what makes you think he'd take it?

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

No offense, but what makes you think we'd be going after Doc and what makes you think he'd take it?

Just an irrational fear that the good times at Dundee are going to be taken away from us rather than any belief of anything.

Aberdeen's the club that Docherty knows better than any other having been with you the longest, he'd have a massive budget in comparison to what he's got with us, he probably feels he and McInnes were harshly treated so perhaps a bit of unfinished business and finally, he'd earn much more money. 

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just an irrational fear that the good times at Dundee are going to be taken away from us rather than any belief of anything.

Aberdeen's the club that Docherty knows better than any other having been with you the longest, he'd have a massive budget in comparison to what he's got with us, he probably feels he and McInnes were harshly treated so perhaps a bit of unfinished business and finally, he'd earn much more money. 

Aye, but the man who treated him harshly is there and has sacked three managers since.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The reason that we will bring Warnock in, if we do, is just that, we are looking for someone long term. Regardless of what happens, Warnock is here until May maximum. Four months.

Isn't bringing in Warnock for the rest of the season sorta giving up onit?

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not talking about then I'm talking about now.

Appointing a high profile dinosaur in the interim after the clubs previous youth coach has been binned.

Floating around the relegation zone.

1 good player keeping your hopes alive.

Sounds like the Dundee side transitioning from McPake to McGhee imo.

And we all know how that ended.

We will see

I would imagine we are more likely to finish above dundee than be relegated.  After all you couldn't beat us in Robsons death throes.

Time will tell

49 minutes ago, btb said:

Isn't bringing in Warnock for the rest of the season sorta giving up onit?

Why would bringing in an experienced manager who has coached at a high level be "giving up"? It's the total opposite, surely.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would bringing in an experienced manager who has coached at a high level be "giving up"? It's the total opposite, surely.

If the players get the impression that the rest of the season is a write off and give it less than their full commitment.

Edited by btb

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Depends what you mean by that.

His last good season was six years ago. Since then he's had firefighting jobs. He did well at Huddersfield, but that was a proper back-to-the-wall scrap to stay up job. Middlsebrough was very shrug of the shoulders.

He's basically retired twice in the last few years. Is he really right up for it?

It's not exactly a nailed-on sure thing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, btb said:

If the players get the impression that the rest of the season is a write off and give it less than their full commitment.

Eh no, going after a high profile, experienced manager to retrieve the season whilst they attempt to implement a longer term plan isn’t writing off the season.

Dithering along with an inexperienced interim like leven for months while carrying out a manager search would be more like writing it off. This is actually a statement of intent that we don’t see the season as finished. 

How it’ll turn out is obviously much more up for debate. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A lot of bluster being spoken about the job that Docherty has done at Dundee, he’s articulate which helps but currently on a run of two wins in eleven.

Docherty has far too small a sample size to be that attractive yet as his own man, and docherty is unlikely to want to return given the way things ended before and his likely feelings towards cormack etc. 

I’d say there’s close to zero chance of him being the summer appointment. 

3 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Fast forward to October, where our new boss Eddie Lillehammer has had a slow start, and fans begin agitating for Warnock's return.

Sounds like the title of a Western, starring Clint Eastwood...

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Can we get the voting re-opened for the biggest bellend poll?

No, you were the clear winner...

Has Docherty not only won 2 games against the top 6?

Cant see anyone being that interested in him just yet, and he'd be daft to leave jist yet too.