The A9 Derby, Stags vs Saints

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

Terrific result, even more so when you take account of the fact that both of our starting midfielders weren't in the squad, nor was the captain. 

We've gone from being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league after 9 games to sitting 9th, 11 points clear of bottom and 5 points clear of the play offs after 23 games. A remarkable turnaround, especially with so much dead wood in the playing squad. People haven't taken to Levein but I can't help but feel that's based on past prejudices, he's come in and more than fulfilled his remit so far. 

I completely agree with this. After those nine games I was utterly convinced we'd be relegated, probably by a huge margin. I dreaded match days, and hated seeing a club legend performing so terribly as manager. We're a long way from being a good side yet, but Levein has done a fantastic job so far as far as I can see.  Good signings, chopped some deadwood (hopefully a couple more in the next few weeks). I enjoyed yesterday mainly because we dug in well in the second half and deservedly went on to win the match. 

9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

IMO County’s performance wasn’t bad and clearly shows that 11th place is well and truly up for grabs. They ain’t getting cut adrift any time soon. 
Quite a few sides should still be looking over their shoulders between now and May. 

I have no sympathy for a club that appoints utter wankers as manager.  A known racist, followed by a greeting pussed, drivelling headcase.

No doubt if and when they get relegated, they will sack Adams and replace him with Joey fucking Barton!

Never seen it so quiet in and around the stadium. By time we got round from away end the place was dead and never been so easy to get away from the town. Even wandering out and across the bridge, the car park was empty.

Having seen the movie twice before, has the Adams appointment failed to capture the imagination?

I've seen worse games this season but that's not much of a bar. I still think County have a decent squad too.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

I completely agree with this. After those nine games I was utterly convinced we'd be relegated, probably by a huge margin. I dreaded match days, and hated seeing a club legend performing so terribly as manager. We're a long way from being a good side yet, but Levein has done a fantastic job so far as far as I can see.  Good signings, chopped some deadwood (hopefully a couple more in the next few weeks). I enjoyed yesterday mainly because we dug in well in the second half and deservedly went on to win the match. 

I have no sympathy for a club that appoints utter wankers as manager.  A known racist, followed by a greeting pussed, drivelling headcase.

No doubt if and when they get relegated, they will sack Adams and replace him with Joey fucking Barton!

Sadly the fans have no say in who the manager is. I've been extremely annoyed with having Malky & now Adams as manager. I was expecting a cheap appointment like Don Cowie, but hey ho. At least Kettlewell was a nice person, despite the results latterly. 

It has to be said, Saints while the better team in the 1st half weren't exactly playing top quality, stunning football. County had a good spell of being better team in that 2nd half, but Levein's subs as others pointed out, cancelled it out. Shitfest really. Saints certainly weren't pushing much for a 2nd goal.

It was a dreadful match, not much quality in either teams. White & Brophy didn't turn up and even Murray wasn't on form. At least he tries though. Brown should not have been subbed yesterday.

Even the goal was a mistake, the wind had an effect, Nightingale should never have let it bounce. If that display makes St. Johnstone fans enthusiastic against a poor, off form team I don't think there is too much hope. I expected a more attacking, better Saints team considering they have Levein as their manager (who I rate).

13 hours ago, Shanner said:

That was the lowest entertainment value I've ever had in exchange for £28. 

£28 is a shocking price, £20 tops it should be. Even £15 in a cost of living crisis. That plus transport!! Too much, sad state of affairs.

At there are some Saints fans who see a crap game with little quality for what it is. Adams did have some points in that interview. I recall Saints being decent to watch, yesterday, deserved win but they weren't great at all. 

6 minutes ago, Sonam said:

It has to be said, Saints while the better team in the 1st half weren't exactly playing top quality, stunning football. County had a good spell of being better team in that 2nd half, but Levein's subs as others pointed out, cancelled it out. Shitfest really. Saints certainly weren't pushing much for a 2nd goal.

It was a dreadful match, not much quality in either teams. White & Brophy didn't turn up and even Murray wasn't on form. At least he tries though. Brown should not have been subbed yesterday.

Even the goal was a mistake, the wind had an effect, Nightingale should never have let it bounce. If that display makes St. Johnstone fans enthusiastic against a poor, off form team I don't think there is too much hope. I expected a more attacking, better Saints team considering they have Levein as their manager (who I rate).

I think what makes Saints fans enthusiastic about yesterday is getting our first away win of the season, a striker who showed great composure for the goal and generally being in a much better place than three months ago.  No-one thinks we're a good team suddenly,  but there's definitely a chance of staying up and that looked extremely unlikely under McLean.  Get to the summer and clear out the rest of the deadwood and build from there.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Nothing really to add here but I very much enjoyed this post.

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

£28 is a shocking price, £20 tops it should be. Even £15 in a cost of living crisis. That plus transport!! Too much, sad state of affairs.

At there are some Saints fans who see a crap game with little quality for what it is. Adams did have some points in that interview. I recall Saints being decent to watch, yesterday, deserved win but they weren't great at all. 

I found it particularly galling as I'd paid £20 for the County v Patrick Thistle cup game a few weeks before and not been able to make it. 😀

I don't exactly blame RC because they probably need every penny they can get to stay in the top division but by christ that was a bleak afternoon.

New signings coming onto a game, Derek Adams' miserable wee shitey face, starting to get some breathing room from the bottom of the league, and able to look up rather than down. Levein has delivered on every count we would hope he would, so far. Lovely.

Edited by GorbalsMags