The A9 Derby, Stags vs Saints

Kimpioka will score goals in this league. Once he's properly fit and in tune with the league he will be great to watch. You can even see it since his first game, he's now taking the knocks rather than going down. If Adama picks it up and Clark stays fit then May and Kane will find it very very hard to get game time. 

I thought today's game was pretty routine. County huffed and puffed without any real quality on show. Thought Saints were the better team first half, County were better second half  but without any real spark or threat. Whether that was just Saints closing the game down or County being useless time will tell.

Important for Levein that his signings hit the ground running, now big moments from Keltjens and Kimpioka recently.

Cant see us going down under him now, being able to grind out points when poor and wins when decent is exactly what you want in this division. Hopefully the issues iron out as the pressure lifts and the squad gets more shaped to what he wants.

There was nothing between the two teams and I didn’t think we deserved to lose the game today, but to be playing a 5 at the back and concede a goal in that fashion is embarrassing. We huffed and puffed but didn’t really create anything of note. After 4 matches, I’m not sold on any of the new signings and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson looks miles off the required standard. Hopefully that’s the last we see of Brophy as well; if he can’t be arsed getting himself fit then I have no issues not seeing him in a County shirt again. 

Thought the game was okay from a Saints point of view and can't complain given it's our first away win of the season. Great to get some distance from the teams below us. 

Can I just say how cool Andy Considine is 🥰

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

Massive three points today and the other results went our way too.  We are only two TWO points of Dundee in sixth place which is amazing how our season started.

The next few games can now be played with a bit of the pressure off. All we need is to score a few more goals as our defense can cope.

Every player today can be proud of the three points and those who were there will have a happy run home.

1 hour ago, Rosscubed said:

I'm still annoyed at Efete ignoring the ref and moving his throw even further up the pitch, which got penalised and effectively wasted the last 3-4 mins. 

55 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Did he not then get done for a foul throw?

Seemed liked he just threw most of his throw ins back to Saints when he came on. 

Terrific result, even more so when you take account of the fact that both of our starting midfielders weren't in the squad, nor was the captain. 

We've gone from being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league after 9 games to sitting 9th, 11 points clear of bottom and 5 points clear of the play offs after 23 games. A remarkable turnaround, especially with so much dead wood in the playing squad. People haven't taken to Levein but I can't help but feel that's based on past prejudices, he's come in and more than fulfilled his remit so far. 

Edited by Kyle

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Terrific result, even more so when you take account of the fact that both of our starting midfielders weren't in the squad, nor was the captain. 

We've gone from being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league after 9 games to sitting 9th, 11 points clear of bottom and 5 points clear of the play offs after 23 games. A remarkable turnaround, especially with so much dead wood in the playing squad. People haven't taken to Levein but I can't help but feel that's based on past prejudices, he's come in and more than fulfilled his remit so far. 

Agreed.  

There will be steps forward and some back but as long as we keep safe and competitive then that’s what we needed from Levein.

Anything more than that this season is a bonus.   It is certainly possible 

IMO County’s performance wasn’t bad and clearly shows that 11th place is well and truly up for grabs. They ain’t getting cut adrift any time soon. 
Quite a few sides should still be looking over their shoulders between now and May. 

3 hours ago, Broughty said:

Massive three points today and the other results went our way too.  We are only two TWO points of Dundee in sixth place which is amazing how our season started.

Take out results against the bottom 2 clubs, who seem like no hopers, and...

Screenshot_20240203_212806_Chrome.thumb.jpg.084d2ca842556d7e585cfa08820d1d34.jpg

... we've actually performed better than the unstoppable, best side in a generation, Dundee side.

Edited by RandomGuy.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take out results against the bottom 2 clubs, who seem like no hopers, and...

Screenshot_20240203_212806_Chrome.thumb.jpg.084d2ca842556d7e585cfa08820d1d34.jpg

... we've actually performed better than the unstoppable, best side in a generation, Dundee side.

We’ve played five games against Motherwell and Livi this season, taking five points from five draws. We’ve led four of those games, one by two goals, one with the lead going into injury time before it was surrendered. In another game we were comfortably winning until a very dubious penalty followed by a later overturned red card turned the tide.

If we’d won even two of those five games we’d be clear in sixth just now.

Fine margins.