Rangers v Livingston: 3rd Feb @ 3pm

Good to get back to a Saturday 3pm kick off. Feels like an age since our last one at the beginning of December.

We've come through arguably our most difficult period of fixtures we will face this season having played Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren all away from home in a 2 month period where we have managed to reduce Celtic's lead. We now need to kick on and apply some pressure.

Hopefully we will get to see a bit of Diomande at some point and I think it would be an ideal opportunity to give Silva more minutes, whether that be through the middle in place of Dessers or on the left.

Edited by AJF

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Good to get back to a Saturday 3pm kick off. Feels like an age since our last one at the beginning of December.

We've come through arguably our most difficult period of fixtures we will face this season having played Aberdeen, Hearts, Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren all away from home in a 2 month period where we have managed to reduce Celtic's lead. We now need to kick on and apply some pressure.

Hopefully we will get to see a bit of Diomande at some point and I think it would be an ideal opportunity to give Silva more minutes, whether that be through the middle in place of Dessers or on the left.

What do you Rangers fans think of Dessers? Seemed to be getting a lot of stick earlier in the season but whenever I've watched him of late I've been impressed by him. Goal vs Betis was really top class.

4 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

What do you Rangers fans think of Dessers? Seemed to be getting a lot of stick earlier in the season but whenever I've watched him of late I've been impressed by him. Goal vs Betis was really top class.

Sporadic moments of quality, really.

He has definitely improved over the last couple of months and seems to be a confidence player. The fans are supporting him a bit more and he is definitely feeding off that.

His game has stepped up massively since Clement came in. The graph below demonstrates just how much his game has changed and how his percentiles are higher which ties in with your observation.

But, with that being said, I’m not convinced he is the answer long term. He spurns too many opportunities, and at big moments too (he should’ve put us ahead against Celtic).

So, while it’s not out of the question that he can go on to be a huge success for us, I’d be surprised if he did.

Would really prefer to just take a 3-0 forfeit and not bother with this. 

George

Donnellan  -  Obileye  -  Sangare

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Shinnie  -  Penrice

MacKay  -  Nouble

Anderson

Nouble purely so we have a target for long balls, ideally him and MacKay can focus a bit more on staying wide than ventral. Alternatively could have Bradley or Kelly there and Guthrie or Nouble up front. Going to be a miserable 90 minutes anyway. 

Edited by LiviLion

22 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Would really prefer to just take a 3-0 forfeit and not bother with this. 

George

Donnellan  -  Obileye  -  Sangare

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Shinnie  -  Penrice

MacKay  -  Nouble

Anderson

Nouble purely so have a target for long balls, ideally him and MacKay can focus a bit more on staying wide than ventral. Alternatively could have Bradley or Kelly there and Guthrie or Nouble up front. Going to be a miserable 90 minutes anyway. 

Need to use this game and the Killie one as sort of training games to get ourselves fully prepared for the remaining games in Feb, where we've more realistic chances of taking pts. If we do take anything in those 2 games it'll be an unexpected bonus.

Even if we were in the league form of our lives, 15 game winning streak, we are so rich with cash that we just turned down a £19mill deal for Joel Nouble and Michael Nottingham had just been named in the England squad.

Nothing, absolutely nothing would take me to going to Castle Greyskull.

Get this game over, take the humping that's coming to us and forget about having to play The Rangers ever again.

10 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

It’s been probably over a decade since this patter started so it surprises me that so many people still haven’t realised that Castle Grayskull is where the good guys lived.

11 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Even if we were in the league form of our lives, 15 game winning streak, we are so rich with cash that we just turned down a £19mill deal for Joel Nouble and Michael Nottingham had just been named in the England squad.

Get this game over, take the humping that's coming to us and forget about having to play The Rangers ever again.

Snake Mountain.