Elgin v East Fife (03/03/24)

We have a poor record against East Fife but Tuesday’s win could give us the confidence to finally put our poor run against them to bed.

Going for 2-1 again. May well see an identical lineup. Jones was great on Tuesday but he may be better suited to being an impact sub.

East Fife's five game unbeaten  run came to a halt when we were well beaten by Spartans on Tuesday. I'm not  very confident about today, we've a reasonable away record in the league but Elgin will be  on a high.

The manager may look to freshen things up a bit. I would go with :

-Fleming-

-Docherty-Page-Easton-Murdoch-

-Walls-McManus-Trouten-Hamilton-

-Schiavone-Austin-

Who knows what East Fife will turn up only thing predictable is how unpredictable we are. Been same all season just when you think a corner is being turned we have a head on crash. Need to cut out individual errors by experienced players or we will find ourselves heading home pointless. Elgin appear a much improved team from the one that looked so poor at Bayview earlier in the season. Hoping for a win but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster. 

I agree Jones has looked good off the bench and may be tempted to stick with the same team again. We've got a tough run of games coming up so could really do with something out of this.

Fantastic performance and we’ve finally beaten East Fife! Confidence in the team is so high and they are a joy to watch. 

Gallagher won me over today. Wasn’t completely sold on him before but he was phenomenal today. Golding and Mitch both brilliant again today.

East Fife are marooned in a a position of being in no real danger of relegation but being well off the top 4, and it showed today. Thought they improved in the second half but the lack of urgency in the first meant they didn’t really get anywhere. Even in the second half I only remember Thomas McHale having one serious save to make. I imagine they’ll be fine this season but being in no man’s land they’re understandably looking a bit off it.

Great result and the best team performance for quite some time. Really just need to add a few more goals as that game should not have still been in the balance right up to the final whistle- 3/4 - 0 would have been a fair reflection on the balance of play. Gallagher well worth MOTM but there were some excellent performances all across the team. Peterhead getting a late equaliser just tops off a very positive day! 

10 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

East Fife are marooned in a a position of being in no real danger of relegation 

Wish I shared your confidence. If Peterhead hadn't equalised Clyde would have trailed us by eight points with a game in hand.

Lots of football to be played before place 42 is settled.

5 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Wish I shared your confidence. If Peterhead hadn't equalised Clyde would have trailed us by eight points with a game in hand.

Lots of football to be played before place 42 is settled.

Aye maybe a touch premature from me. Just think Stranraer and Forfar are the most likely to get caught if Clyde do make up ground 

That's as comfortable a win for us as I've seen in a long time. We lacked a bit of quality at times in the final third but the midfield completely dominated East Fife, who admittedly offered very little, and the defence were rarely called into action. The only real chance I can remember for them was the Austin header which forced another outsanding save from McHale. Credit has to go Hale because every single player looked hungrier than their opponent which was why we were able to have such control for the majority of the game. I worried I'd maybe hyped Gallagher up too much after his first two performances and I think he is prone to trying too do much at times. Overall though, what a player.

It's a very tough run of games coming up but I have a degree of confidence this team can take a few points from them. We might struggle to create much against some of the better defences but that midfield can compete with anyone at this level. A win on Tuesday and we'd be 5th...

The scoreline doesn't begin to describe how comfortable that was for Elgin . Alan Fleming stopped that becoming a 3/4 goal defeat. Zero quality on show from us and, all round, a fairly pathetic performance.

I don't think we're out of the relegation fight by a long shot, if we continue playing like that.

Great game. We had so many chances, it was remarkable that it stayed 1-0. A really good team performance, the guys looked up for every challenge and wanted the ball all game. I wasn't massively fussed for Gallagher's end product but it felt like he was everywhere all game. When we had to defend, he was there. Moving forward, he was involved pretty much every time.

Mitchell Taylor was amazing and caused the East Fife defence trouble all game, and Brian Cameron looked more energetic than I've seen him in a long time. A really great win. 

17 hours ago, afca32 said:

That's as comfortable a win for us as I've seen in a long time. We lacked a bit of quality at times in the final third but the midfield completely dominated East Fife, who admittedly offered very little, and the defence were rarely called into action. The only real chance I can remember for them was the Austin header which forced another outsanding save from McHale. Credit has to go Hale because every single player looked hungrier than their opponent which was why we were able to have such control for the majority of the game. I worried I'd maybe hyped Gallagher up too much after his first two performances and I think he is prone to trying too do much at times. Overall though, what a player.

It's a very tough run of games coming up but I have a degree of confidence this team can take a few points from them. We might struggle to create much against some of the better defences but that midfield can compete with anyone at this level. A win on Tuesday and we'd be 5th...

That is very worrying for me when you can’t match the hunger of your opponents then there is something fundamentally wrong . The management team should be getting the team to run through brick walls for them but I have the feeling the players dont respect him. You can maybe point to trips to Stranraer and Elgin in 7 days and a game on Tuesday but the least the fans expect is a hunger and desire to win games. At league 2 level all teams lacking in quality it is sometimes heart and desire that gets you over the line . Fans voting with their feet as some recent home games attracting crowds of less than 500. Let’s hope this change that is proclaimed isn’t going to be too late. Been a horrible 120th anniversary season for us. 

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

That is very worrying for me when you can’t match the hunger of your opponents then there is something fundamentally wrong . The management team should be getting the team to run through brick walls for them but I have the feeling the players dont respect him. You can maybe point to trips to Stranraer and Elgin in 7 days and a game on Tuesday but the least the fans expect is a hunger and desire to win games. At league 2 level all teams lacking in quality it is sometimes heart and desire that gets you over the line . Fans voting with their feet as some recent home games attracting crowds of less than 500. Let’s hope this change that is proclaimed isn’t going to be too late. Been a horrible 120th anniversary season for us. 

If I was an East Fife fan I'd definitely be a bit concerned after that performance. There is a big gap and a lot of teams between yourselves and Clyde so you should be ok but you looked like a side who weren't really up for it.