Edinburgh City v Kelty Hearts

So this week we have to?, travel to Meadowbank for our football fix 😴 🥱 

Anyway it's what we do, so  Kelty Hearts are this weeks visitors and no doubt they'll be expecting an easy three points towards their play-off hopes.

The 6 point penalty we got handed finally ended this miserable season for us! So just passing time now until we can start afresh in July.  We'll go again.

For Kelty, a great first half of the season 👍 

I guess getting rid of Potter has made the difference! A play-off place would be a good reward for their efforts so we'll see how it progresses.

It's hard to predict our games these days, so I'll guess Edinburgh 1 - 3 Kelty Hearts 

Edited by Tenkay

53 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

So this week we have to?, travel to Meadowbank for our football fix 😴 🥱 

Anyway it's what we do, so  Kelty Hearts are this weeks visitors and no doubt they'll be expecting an easy three points towards their play-off hopes.

The 6 point penalty we got handed finally ended this miserable season for us! So just passing time now until we can start afresh in July.  We'll go again.

For Kelty, a great first half of the season 👍 

I guess getting rid of Potter has made the difference! A play-off place would be a good reward for their efforts so we'll see how it progresses.

It's hard to predict our games these days, so I'll guess Edinburgh 1 - 3 Kelty Hearts 

Sad to see City struggling after a decent season last year.

We should certainly look to tame three points but have has a few shite weeks. Hopefully it clicks back into gear today! 

All I really want is for our guys just to play well and get some points before we go down to League 2 - then get the financial stuff sorted and then seriously mount a good League 2 campaign for 2024/25 but it starts here - a win to bring a smile to everyone’s face would be brill 

20 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I thought Kelty's defence looked solid. 

When we gifted the third goal I looked over the back fence to the advert for a computer game. It read "Suicide Squad"... 

city with no shots on target, going to look solid

2 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

city with no shots on target, going to look solid

Exactly, City could have played until midnight and never look like scoring!

It is what it is unfortunately, and the young lads are trying their best.

When City lost 3-1 at Alloa recently, succumbing to 2 late goals, I noticed a few Alloa fans saying they were surprised how decent Edinburgh looked and that they have a few good players. Then you should have beaten (an admittedly slightly weakened) Falkirk but for that embarrassing dive for the penalty. 

What’s happened since then? Has the points deduction knocked the stuffing out the team?

Edited by BinoBalls

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

What’s happened since then? Has the points deduction knocked the stuffing out the team?

Points deduction has certainly knocked the final pieces of stuffing out me and it would seem the rest of the Edinburgh City support.

Can't wait until July to start again!

I think the team are still battling away though, until the end of the season, and getting some good experience.

Good luck to the young guys! 👍 

20 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Points deduction has certainly knocked the final pieces of stuffing out me and it would seem the rest of the Edinburgh City support.

Can't wait until July to start again!

I think the team are still battling away though, until the end of the season, and getting some good experience.

Good luck to the young guys! 👍 

The loan players should be up for it, it’ll reflect well with their parent club if they show good attitude and effort, important for them when it comes to contract renewal.

The stadium question can be solved in 2 ways,

Finding a way to get a lease on Ainslie or meggatland, which means finding how to kick hutchy vale or tynecastle back to saughton. 

Or Regressing far enough back that medowbank becomes a suitable ground for the level it’s being used at.

Option 2 seems the most likely sadly, unless something big changes it’s just a matter of how long that takes

Edited by parsforlife

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

When City lost 3-1 at Alloa recently, succumbing to 2 late goals, I noticed a few Alloa fans saying they were surprised how decent Edinburgh looked and that they have a few good players. Then you should have beaten (an admittedly slightly weakened) Falkirk but for that embarrassing dive for the penalty. 

I was impressed with City that day given the mess they are in and that it was an almost new team. The work rate and spirit were impressive, they didn't look like a condemned team at all. The big challenge I felt would be maintaining that every week, particularly if they weren't picking up points. Perhaps the deduction and defeat at Annan has sucked it out of them. Another thing, and City fans will know better, but Fontaine looked to be very important to the team as a leader and organiser at the back. 

Edited by Waspie

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Finding a way to get a lease on Ainslie or meggatland, which means finding how to kick hutchy vale or tynecastle back to saughton. 

In other words a club that wants to move away from a ground with a running track, has to get a smaller club to go back to a ground with a running track. 

42 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In other words a club that wants to move away from a ground with a running track, has to get a smaller club to go back to a ground with a running track. 

Correct.  Its a question of if they want/are able to assert dominance as Edinburgh's 3rd/4th club or if they'll join the pack in 5th/6th/7th tier

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Correct.  Its a question of if they want/are able to assert dominance as Edinburgh's 3rd/4th club or if they'll join the pack in 5th/6th/7th tier

Spamtins have more dosh and a better ground (which the Cooncil mostly funded for them) so that ship might have sailed..