Relegation thread - who's going down?

15 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

How dare you! We will not tolerate Scottish football fans trying to point score...on a Scottish football forum.

You insinuating that the OP is about trip over his massive petted lip won't help those traumatised fans who will have to live with the "2 stretch in nam" level PTSD of being told "ye were talking shite, git it roond ye" by the notorious Airdrie online nudgers...

Yeah I really don't get what the issue is with us being delighted in proving everyone wrong. 

How dare we bring it up and try and have some fun with it. 

If it truly annoys that much then I would politely suggest you have waaaaay too much time to get wound up about daft things like football. 

Also, if it truly annoys that much then that's fucking tremendous, I hope it continues to annoy for many days and weeks to come.

James Franco Flirt GIF
Edited by Shooter McGavin

4 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye, how dare we be happy after 10 years in L1 that we have finally made it back to the level we all felt we should have been operating at. 

Definitely unreasonable behaviour. 

Your club has finished above 9th at this level twice in its entire history, so this feeling that you should be operating at this level seems wildly misplaced to be honest. 

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Stirling are a group of fans who are happy after 10 years in L2 that they have finally made it back to the level they all felt they should have been operating at. Fine bunch of folk.

Airdrie are a group of fans who are happy after 10 years in L1 that they have finally made it back to the level they all felt they should have been operating at, but also feel the need to run around the internet shouting about how wonderful they are and dredging up old posts for a few "told you so" put downs of slight criticism and the crime of failing to correctly predict an inherently unpredictable sport.

Again, you are putting words in Airdrie fans mouths. I dont think MOST Airdrie feel we should have been operating at championship level. We have earned the right to be in the league and earned the right to be in 4th. 

Regarding your second point, most airdrie fans would have predicted that they would finish somewhere between 8th-10th this season. Genuinely dont think there is anything wrong with a) laughing at Arbroath fans who predicted they would not be challenging at the bottom and B) having a laugh at the posts predicting Airdrie would struggle. Not in a "told you so" way but in a "fucking hell i cant believe we are 4th" way. 

As i said in my previous comment, the only people wanking themselves over Airdrie are external people purely because of some of the goals we have scored, our general style of play and also because Rhys MCCabe is a fairly young manager who is showing a lot of promise. This is fairly normal. 

Sounds like Partick fans are worried.... If we make the play offs then you will probably hammer us so its not really a big deal. 

12 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Seethe abounds as Airdrie fans celebrate avoiding relegation from the championship. Poor @oneteaminglasgow seems particularly perturbed by this!

Don't worry he'll be along with a mic drop meme or some "on strings" type logic as he's had multiple responses.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Again, you are putting words in Airdrie fans mouths. I dont think MOST Airdrie feel we should have been operating at championship level. We have earned the right to be in the league and earned the right to be in 4th. 

Regarding your second point, most airdrie fans would have predicted that they would finish somewhere between 8th-10th this season. Genuinely dont think there is anything wrong with a) laughing at Arbroath fans who predicted they would not be challenging at the bottom and B) having a laugh at the posts predicting Airdrie would struggle. Not in a "told you so" way but in a "fucking hell i cant believe we are 4th" way. 

As i said in my previous comment, the only people wanking themselves over Airdrie are external people purely because of some of the goals we have scored, our general style of play and also because Rhys MCCabe is a fairly young manager who is showing a lot of promise. This is fairly normal. 

Sounds like Partick fans are worried.... If we make the play offs then you will probably hammer us so its not really a big deal. 

Not sure I'm putting words in their mouths as I purposefully used the exact same phrasing an Airdrie fan used.

I think that's one of the strange things though. Most Airdrie fans would have predicted 8th-10th, but then they're calling out fans of other clubs who thought the exact same.

Some Partick fans are probably worried about facing Airdrie in the playoffs, if that does happen, but I think most realise that if we didn't go up last year when we had a great team in spectacular form, then we're unlikely to reach the final this time round. So other than a few weeks of gloating for whoever prevails, I don't think we'll care that much. It's been an incredibly meh season.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Your club has finished above 9th at this level twice in its entire history, so this feeling that you should be operating at this level seems wildly misplaced to be honest. 

You went down that road. 

How disappointing and predictable. 

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

We have earned the right to be in the league and earned the right to be in 4th.. 

This is an important point.

After a decade in the seaside league with years of false dawns and promises, rhetoric of “getting back to where we should be” and absolute charlatans coming and going at the club, I’m afraid League One was exactly where we should have been.

Theres probably a bit of a partisan nature to our support, the elder of whom will have seen us playing in the top division and competing for trophies regularly. We are not that anymore, albeit we are getting there. 

These things are all cyclical, look at Falkirk and what precipitated their escapade to League One. It’ll all come round again I’m sure.