Saints v Hearts, Wednesday 7th February

This is my story, this is my song

If you follow Hearts, you’re a complete and utter wrong

’un.

Big game for the men from Perth with a few selection headaches if any of Gordon, Phillips and Matt Smith are available.

Whatever the result, Steve Naismith will no doubt be emphasising in his post-match interview some irrelevant fact nobody else gives a f**k about; “well that’s the first time we’ve had a corner in the 19th minute for 30 years, so that’s another improvement since I came in.”

Should be a hard fought game. Will hearts bring the ‘hate the club this is shite’ 1000 support, or the doing well, sell out the away end support??

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

This is my story, this is my song

If you follow Hearts, you’re a complete and utter wrong

’un.

Big game for the men from Perth with a few selection headaches if any of Gordon, Phillips and Matt Smith are available.

Whatever the result, Steve Naismith will no doubt be emphasising in his post-match interview some irrelevant fact nobody else gives a f**k about; “well that’s the first time we’ve had a corner in the 19th minute for 30 years, so that’s another improvement since I came in.”

Should be a hard fought game. Will hearts bring the ‘hate the club this is shite’ 1000 support, or the doing well, sell out the away end support??

I think we've sold just under 2000. Will be more if they open the final section in the North stand, however that number seems decent for a midweek game sandwiched in between 2 other away games.

I think we should have Rowles and Atkinson back, hopefully Kingsley and Devlin too, so there'll be choices for Naismith. I think he might go back to a back 3, but we are a far better attacking team with a 4 so hopefully he continues that. We do look more vulnerable with a 4 though, but St Johnstone aren't exactly all out attack so I think its worth the trade off.

This run can't keep going forever, but would be tremendous if we can get another away win.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

St Johnstone aren't exactly all out attack so I think its worth the trade off.

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Jambos obviously not familiar with the work of Adama Sidibeh…

They will be.

I hope they play Kimpioka and the bold Adama as a pairing, c***s won't know what hit them.

38 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Jambos obviously not familiar with the work of Adama Sidibeh…

They will be.

I'm basing it off all the whingeing on your own thread about being negative tbf.

Looking forward to a midfield of Matt Smith, Dan Phillips, Max Kucheriavyi and Connor Smith being described as 7ft tall clogging machines by Hearts fans after this, tbh.

Basically the same situation as Saturday. A win would be just lovely, thanks, but a draw will do.

Not much else to say about this one. St Johnstone away is just a bit dull. We seem to get sent there midweek constantly, which feels like a cruel and unusual punishment, but is actually a great excuse not to go.

So, thanks, SPFL.

9 minutes ago, woolf said:

If the Saint team are as poor as their fans,we should be tickety-boo.

We're just playing the way which brought us success for a decade but we didn't have Sandaza or May to bail us out when we couldn't score in a barrel a fannies. Hopefully the new boys and their pace up front starts fixing that. Think a score draw on the cards.

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

If the fermers could sing hearts hearts are falling apart again…. Seems to be quite the motivation these last few weeks!

Given the number of leads we've blown this season against Motherwell alone you'd think we'd know better than that!

9 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

If the fermers could sing hearts hearts are falling apart again…. Seems to be quite the motivation these last few weeks!

Dundee fans should have learned from the previous two times they sang that… it started at McDiarmid when they were 2-0 up and binned that game too.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to a midfield of Matt Smith, Dan Phillips, Max Kucheriavyi and Connor Smith being described as 7ft tall clogging machines by Hearts fans after this, tbh.

They might no be tall but both Phillips and Connor Smith very much are walking yellow cards

Against the whole theme of the season up until now, I'm going into this one pretty confident of Saints coming away with at least a point. Compared to where we were, we look much more solid and for the first time in a long time, feels like we actually have options going forward, both in terms of personnel and formation.

Saints will likely start with one up top, probably Benji and get balls fired in behind the defence and let him run onto them and when he tires, bring Sidibeh on and let him do the same. Unless we go behind and Levein fires both on.

Odds on Shankland will score, so going for a 3-2 to Saints with Zander cocking up a standard cross to gift Saints a free header.

Hearts really seem to be clicking as a squad now and good for them for sticking with Naismith, starting to get the benefits now. Can't see anyone getting close to them in the table now, so in a little league of their own now for 3rd spot.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Against the whole theme of the season up until now, I'm going into this one pretty confident of Saints coming away with at least a point. Compared to where we were, we look much more solid and for the first time in a long time, feels like we actually have options going forward, both in terms of personnel and formation.

Saints will likely start with one up top, probably Benji and get balls fired in behind the defence and let him run onto them and when he tires, bring Sidibeh on and let him do the same. Unless we go behind and Levein fires both on.

Odds on Shankland will score, so going for a 3-2 to Saints with Zander cocking up a standard cross to gift Saints a free header.

Hearts really seem to be clicking as a squad now and good for them for sticking with Naismith, starting to get the benefits now. Can't see anyone getting close to them in the table now, so in a little league of their own now for 3rd spot.

When was the last time St Johnstone scored 3 times in a game?