Travel for home games via Cambuslang

Just in the hope anyone can help. I am moving to the east side of Glasgow soon(Cambuslang way) and was trying to work out the best way to get back after home games. Obviously I know Mount Florida and Kings park are pretty rammed post game but whats Croftfoot like? Is it easier to walk there and jump on the train going the opposite direction from the centre? Or is it best to try and grab a bus somewhere? I did look at walking back to Rutherglen and getting a train from there but google maps has it as 40 mins(and its usually pissing down at home games). Sorry, I am from fife so only have a basic knowledge of the public transport.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

47 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Just in the hope anyone can help. I am moving to the east side of Glasgow soon(Cambuslang way) and was trying to work out the best way to get back after home games. Obviously I know Mount Florida and Kings park are pretty rammed post game but whats Croftfoot like? Is it easier to walk there and jump on the train going the opposite direction from the centre? Or is it best to try and grab a bus somewhere? I did look at walking back to Rutherglen and getting a train from there but google maps has it as 40 mins(and its usually pissing down at home games). Sorry, I am from fife so only have a basic knowledge of the public transport.

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

The more douce folk of Cambuslang might not enjoy being described as living in the East End though 😉.

I'm reasonably sure you'll catch a bus on Prospect hill Road to Rutherglen as it's a wide enough road not to get too stowed with fans.

Get a bicycle. 10min ride to croft foot or KP and you're ahead of the crowd and laughing.

59 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

The house is smack bang in the middle of Kirkhill and Burnside.

The queues at kings park ok after the game?

Brownside Road?

Even if there are queues you might still best with this route as you are going away from the city. 

If you have a car then a great route is to go south from Hampden to Carmunnock and then over Cathrin Braes (past Cathkin Braes golf club). This takes you towards Cambuslang. It’s never busy even on a big match night. Google maps gives journey time about 20 minutes. 

75AD7399-4767-41D4-802A-340707C5C51E.png

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, velo army said:

The more douce folk of Cambuslang might not enjoy being described as living in the East End though 😉.

I was careful when I said east side of the city rather than east end🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Tangled web said:

Brownside Road?

Even if there are queues you might still best with this route as you are going away from the city. 

Its a street just off Brownside road.

It will be a mixture of possible driving but some where I will want to have a few beers depending on if the game is a midweek evening or weekend so all options are good.

Cycling while pished is out🤣🤣

On 06/02/2024 at 14:53, Fifes Elite Force said:

The house is smack bang in the middle of Kirkhill and Burnside.

The queues at kings park ok after the game?

I discovered King's Park on the day of the Iwelumo game and I've never been back to Mount Florida post match. You simply walk straight on to the platform  with absolutely no queueing involved.