EOS League cup 2024

2-1 Sauchie at half time.

Haddington took an 8th minute lead, a back post header from number 4. Sauchie equalised after half an hour, before taking a 38th minute lead. Number 17 with both. 

Excellent looking crowd. 600/700+ I would say. Though I'm not good at judging crowds.

20240601_144842.jpg

2 hours ago, atfccfc said:

2-1 Sauchie at half time.

Haddington took an 8th minute lead, a back post header from number 4. Sauchie equalised after half an hour, before taking a 38th minute lead. Number 17 with both. 

Excellent looking crowd. 600/700+ I would say. Though I'm not good at judging crowds.

20240601_144842.jpg

around 450 paid plus probably another 150-250 kids, committee, guests, volunteers etc

Ouch, very sore head this morning but absolutely delighted for the players and everyone who works so hard at the club. Wasn’t it fitting that Brian Morgan was the one to bag the winner? I thought he was fantastic throughout the match and was a terrier when he moved up front at Half Time.

Haddington were dangerous on the counter, but I don’t think there can be any arguments about who deserved to win. When they equalised with a minute or so to go, I started to worry, but thankfully they totally fell away and we were still able to maintain the levels in the Mediterraneanesk heat, which kept the Haddington big mouth and his daughter (I assume) in front of us quiet after their equalising goal reaction.

It might be a nightmare for the players to play in, but watching football in the sun is just so much better, especially when you take away memories like yesterday.

IMG_2320.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

which kept the Haddington big mouth and his daughter (I assume) in front of us quiet after their equalising goal reaction.

Glad you were able to come out of this situation in one piece. It sounds a really traumatic one.  

1 hour ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Ouch, very sore head this morning but absolutely delighted for the players and everyone who works so hard at the club. Wasn’t it fitting that Brian Morgan was the one to bag the winner? I thought he was fantastic throughout the match and was a terrier when he moved up front at Half Time.

Haddington were dangerous on the counter, but I don’t think there can be any arguments about who deserved to win. When they equalised with a minute or so to go, I started to worry, but thankfully they totally fell away and we were still able to maintain the levels in the Mediterraneanesk heat, which kept the Haddington big mouth and his daughter (I assume) in front of us quiet after their equalising goal reaction.

It might be a nightmare for the players to play in, but watching football in the sun is just so much better, especially when you take away memories like yesterday.

IMG_2320.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

90% of that post was actual well written! I agree on the day that Sauchie probably deserved to win the match in 90 mins. However, victory was delayed a further 30 mins. Gutted for the Haddington boys for losing the final, but we got there on merit and didn’t lie down to defeat.

However, your comment about the supporter in front of you is embarrassing. A last minute equaliser; did you want the guy to stand and shake his head in disappointment? You may have noticed the reaction of other Haddington fans was similar to the guy in front of you.

How did Haddington totally fall away after going 3-2 behind? Sauchie probably better in extra time, but Haddington, again, could/should have scored with the final kick of the ball.

Enjoy the win, enjoy the experience, but quit the crap chat as well. 

Celebrate, celebrate by all all means like I did, but trying to goad people into a reaction when there was no animosity at all for the full match, it was a little bit unnecessary to me, but I say no more about it.

How did Haddington totally fall away…..I just felt they ran out of legs in the heat, yes, they had a chance in the dying minutes again but what else was created during this time? It wasn’t meant as a criticism, I think you’re a good team that played well, I just thought the players had no energy left to break us down or get behind us on the counter, like had been done throughout the 90 minutes.

I’ve enjoyed the 2 games against you that I was at this season, look forward to seeing you after the summer break.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kayemphoto said:

Cup Final Album: Haddington Athletic 2-3 Sauchie

FULL ALBUM

graphic.jpg

Not to be for Haddington Athletic. Nonetheless, great camera shots once again from you. Didn’t realise you were one of the two photographers in the corner on Saturday. I was standing 50 yards down at the other side of the goalposts. 

Edited by Casey Jones

11 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Celebrate, celebrate by all all means like I did, but trying to goad people into a reaction when there was no animosity at all for the full match, it was a little bit unnecessary to me, but I say no more about it.

How did Haddington totally fall away…..I just felt they ran out of legs in the heat, yes, they had a chance in the dying minutes again but what else was created during this time? It wasn’t meant as a criticism, I think you’re a good team that played well, I just thought the players had no energy left to break us down or get behind us on the counter, like had been done throughout the 90 minutes.

I’ve enjoyed the 2 games against you that I was at this season, look forward to seeing you after the summer break.

Funny who things you write can sometimes bite you n the erse!

There is a highlights package of match on Sauchie’s Facebook page, which you can hear several comments following 4 out of 5 goals scored (might be 5, but can’t hear much after Haddington’s 2nd). Only comments being heard are from Sauchie supporters. Mind you, bulk of Sauchie support was on that side of park so comments will be heard!! 

Your thoughts don’t quite fully acknowledge what is being heard. Obviously something is said/actioned by the Haddington fan you mention but it is a cup final where spirits, from both sets of fans will be high.

Like what you said at end (I was at all 3 matches), I enjoyed our matches too. As I’ve said on another feed on this forum, the best team we played all season (my thoughts) was when Sauchie beat us 3-2 at Millfield. 

On 02/06/2024 at 22:43, Casey Jones said:

Not to be for Haddington Athletic. Nonetheless, great camera shots once again from you. Didn’t realise you were one of the two photographers in the corner on Saturday. I was standing 50 yards down at the other side of the goalposts. 

Thanks buddy. Commiserations on the result. 

On 03/06/2024 at 00:18, Casey Jones said:

Funny who things you write can sometimes bite you n the erse!

There is a highlights package of match on Sauchie’s Facebook page, which you can hear several comments following 4 out of 5 goals scored (might be 5, but can’t hear much after Haddington’s 2nd). Only comments being heard are from Sauchie supporters. Mind you, bulk of Sauchie support was on that side of park so comments will be heard!! 

Your thoughts don’t quite fully acknowledge what is being heard. Obviously something is said/actioned by the Haddington fan you mention but it is a cup final where spirits, from both sets of fans will be high.

Like what you said at end (I was at all 3 matches), I enjoyed our matches too. As I’ve said on another feed on this forum, the best team we played all season (my thoughts) was when Sauchie beat us 3-2 at Millfield. 

I was at the game as a neutral and was sitting on the hill behind the "supporter" when the equaliser went in. there were a few Haddington fans in that area and they all just celebrated the goal together,  then he turned in our direction to give it the get it up you before realising hed picked the wrong people (I was in a St Johnstone top) and then started a one man chant of "your not singing any more". TBH me and my mate were not that bothered but i think he was a little drunk and just enjoying the cup final.

The young crew from Sauchie were then down the front and there was light hearted banter between him and them for 20 minutes and at the end he walked away . It was mostly good humor and nothing the players were not saying to each other during the game.

5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

I was at the game as a neutral and was sitting on the hill behind the "supporter" when the equaliser went in. there were a few Haddington fans in that area and they all just celebrated the goal together,  then he turned in our direction to give it the get it up you before realising hed picked the wrong people (I was in a St Johnstone top) and then started a one man chant of "your not singing any more". TBH me and my mate were not that bothered but i think he was a little drunk and just enjoying the cup final.

The young crew from Sauchie were then down the front and there was light hearted banter between him and them for 20 minutes and at the end he walked away . It was mostly good humor and nothing the players were not saying to each other during the game.

Not sure what the guy was thinking about, particularly as you had your St Johnstone strip on🤷‍♂️

Maybe he had doubled his doze of bravery pills that morning 😉.

I saw the Sauchie Young team on the hill side of park and the Haddington Ath guys (some not so young), behind goals (entrance side). Apart from some of the swearing, it looking ok/fun banter between two sets. 

Some times, supporters do get a bit boisterous, and on occasion too much for my kind of liking, but I didn't notice anything too untoward from behind the far side goals. 

Hope you enjoyed the spectacle from a neutral point of view. Certainly think people watching got value for money, even with a Sauchie win.

19 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Not sure what the guy was thinking about, particularly as you had your St Johnstone strip on🤷‍♂️

Maybe he had doubled his doze of bravery pills that morning 😉.

I saw the Sauchie Young team on the hill side of park and the Haddington Ath guys (some not so young), behind goals (entrance side). Apart from some of the swearing, it looking ok/fun banter between two sets. 

Some times, supporters do get a bit boisterous, and on occasion too much for my kind of liking, but I didn't notice anything too untoward from behind the far side goals. 

Hope you enjoyed the spectacle from a neutral point of view. Certainly think people watching got value for money, even with a Sauchie win.

these finals are always good value for money and well worth attending. 

Been at the last 2 EOS League cup finals and intend to keep attending that game every season.