Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

Dundee good, saints shite.

We should probably have started the game with another couple of defenders.

I’m sure Dundee were just letting us get the ball out to Robinson by the end, woeful delivery. Some cameo from Connor Smith as well.

Kimpioka is a good laugh at least.

1 hour ago, Liam899 said:

When? I may be wrong but I’ve never seen you need any more than the shankly stand which is 3500. Thought Saints brought a bit of atmosphere to the game, fair play. 

Third last game in season 08/09 Saints filled behind the goal and had a section of the main stand.

This was the game where Saints could have won the league at Dens if they won and Partick had lost, Saints were wining but Partick scored a late winner to pospone the celebrations another week,  a goal which was celebrated more wildly in the Derry than in the Jackie Husband stand.

Edited by Thomas_sjfc

1 minute ago, Saint DBL said:

Dundee good, saints shite.

We should probably have started the game with another couple of defenders.

Looking forward to our line up v Rangers, tbh.

Be stunned if we dont return to the 6-3-1, but probably with Keltjens as one of the midfield 3 too.

8 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Seriously? 😂

I don’t think you’re in a position to evaluate opposition supporters when supporters from your own side fill threads with tired banter like “you are seething” or “natural order maintained” 🙄

I’m going to give you a piece of genuine and well intentioned advice. You’re making a James Hunt of yourself, most of us have on occasions been there so I’m not singling you out, but just need to switch off P and B for the night and come back tomorrow when your heads not gone. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. That central area around the penalty spot is where most goals come from, Dundee are getting headers there but most are either from wide or outside the box.

This is very much like when we used to play United, theyd play 1000 passes, take 40 shots from 30 yards, then concede to a counter attack 3 times and complain they dominated and we were lucky.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee has as many touches in our box today (50), as we've had in our last 4 games combined.

Thank you.

Dundee deserved the win. Plenty attacking play from them but I personally thought we had stopped them/weathered it until the penalty incident.

Saints lack of decent depth always the issue and right back area is a complete bomb scare.

Thought Cameron for Dundee was exceptional, a really tidy busy player.

Edited by perthsaint1977

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Looking forward to our line up v Rangers, tbh.

Be stunned if we dont return to the 6-3-1, but probably with Keltjens as one of the midfield 3 too.

Get McGowan in the midfield as well, don’t want to be left wide open…

1 minute ago, Saint DBL said:

Get McGowan in the midfield as well, don’t want to be left wide open…

Mitov

Franczak - Olufunwa - Gordon - Considine - Robinson - Gallacher

Keltjens - McGowan - Kucheriavyi

Kimpioka 

Wouldnt put it past him.

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Dundee deserved the win. Plenty attacking play from them but I personally thought we had stopped them/weathered it until the penalty incident.

Saints lack of decent depth always the issue and right back area is a complete bomb scare.

Thought Cameron for Dundee was exceptional, a really tidy busy player.

Cameron has been exceptional. I’d like to see Mulligan play more too. Decent crop of young players in our side. 

Just now, Liam899 said:

Cameron has been exceptional. I’d like to see Mulligan play more too. Decent crop of young players in our side. 

The problem is who do you drop? Sylla was magnificent today. If Mulligan could finesse it he could be a sensational RWB. 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m going to give you a piece of genuine and well intentioned advice. You’re making a James Hunt of yourself, most of us have on occasions been there so I’m not singling you out, but just need to switch off P and B for the night and come back tomorrow when your heads not gone. 

How, exactly? You’re the one going around making delusional comments like “natural order maintained” and deploying armchair psychology (“you’re embarrassing yourself”) against random people on the internet.

If you don’t think that’s “too invested” or embarrassing then I really have to question your grasp on reality.

Just now, Fifespud said:

The problem is who do you drop? Sylla was magnificent today. If Mulligan could finesse it he could be a sensational RWB. 

Yeah it’s a hard one. And that’s obviously why he’s struggling to get in. He’s probably better than McGhee but McGhee is in form. I think he can affect games coming on at least.

Just now, Sainthearted said:

How, exactly? You’re the one going around making delusional comments like “natural order maintained” and deploying armchair psychology (“you’re embarrassing yourself”) against random people on the internet.

If you don’t think that’s “too invested” or embarrassing then I really have to question your grasp on reality.

Oh well. I tried. 

Theres no point singling out Dundee players, theres not many positions where they arent better than us.

Id argue Mitov is better than Carson, and i thought Robinson (Dundee) was shite mainly because he was so unwilling to fight so youd maybe put Carey in a combined team too, but i really rate Mellon so he might go in instead. Maybe Phillips instead of Sylla but Sylla looks better passing the ball.

Aside from that its pretty one sided regardless of what shape you go to.

Id argue theyve a better manager too, tbh. Its an unfair comparison to put on Docherty but it really was like watching a McInnes side. Just simple stuff. Sign good players, put good players in their best position, let good players play football.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Sainthearted said:

Hiya Avril. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Theres no point singling out Dundee players, theres not many positions where they arent better than us.

Id argue Mitov is better than Carson, and i thought Robinson was shite mainly because he was so unwilling to fight so youd maybe put Carey in a combined team too, but i really rate Mellon so he might go in instead. Maybe Phillips instead of Sylla but Sylla looks better passing the ball.

Aside from that its pretty one sided regardless of what shape you go to.

Id argue theyve a better manager too, tbh. Its an unfair comparison to put on Docherty but it really was like watching a McInnes side. Just simple stuff. Sign good players, put good players in their best position, let good players play football.

Sylla is a rolls Royce mate. 

1 hour ago, Sainthearted said:

There’s a theory in our workplace that Dundee fans are among the worst in the league, however I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because I know some gracious Dee fans with some decent banter.

However, this thread really helps clarify why so many people believe Dundee fans are the worst in the league. There’s quite a few gracious comments from Saints fans (e.g., “Dundee were the better team”), however there’s no sign of any Dundee fan with even an ounce of grace or humility (you’ll usually find one or two from opposing sides).

It’s pretty weird considering they’ve been the third team in Tayside for over a decade. They’re almost as bad as Rangers fans (not quite).

Username should be Fainthearted.