Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Is Stuart Cosgrove a headline writer for the BBC?  A win for Dundee it most certainly was.  A derby it most certainly is not.

We have United.  Saints have Jeanfield Swifts.

IMG_2983.jpeg

It's the "It's not a derby" derby.

2 hours ago, Sainthearted said:

There’s a theory in our workplace that Dundee fans are among the worst in the league, however I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because I know some gracious Dee fans with some decent banter.

However, this thread really helps clarify why so many people believe Dundee fans are the worst in the league. There’s quite a few gracious comments from Saints fans (e.g., “Dundee were the better team”), however there’s no sign of any Dundee fan with even an ounce of grace or humility (you’ll usually find one or two from opposing sides).

It’s pretty weird considering they’ve been the third team in Tayside for over a decade. They’re almost as bad as Rangers fans (not quite).

Cry Baby Swimming GIF by Travis

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Is that another Boredom Guy stat?

"Nutmeg champions of Scotland! You'll never sing that!"

Feared the worst at 1-0 down and knowing how Levein teams are. Fortunately this is possibly the worst Levein team I’ve seen.

Ref an utter disgrace throughout - Costelloe booked for his first innocuous foul, minutes later Considine gets rinsed out beside the dugout and pulls (maybe Costelloe) down from behind by the waist - a good honest professional foul that I don’t mind my own players doing, but a booking all day long. Nothing done.

Penalty was a penalty all day long in this VAR age - canna slap someone’s puss before they jump unfortunately. Never seen them pre VAR apart from against Rangers but that’s where we are. 

The horrific decision to play on following the head knock for Mellon is compounded only by the failure to then award a bricker of a penalty on Costelloe. Costelloe did add a bit much pizazz to the fall which may have counted against him, but there was clear contact. I also argue if it’s not a penalty then it’s a dive - so Costelloe should have been off.

Saints are really poor - but will be stuffy enough to see off a frankly horrific Livi and County unless there is a serious dead cat bounce in the Highlands. 

GIRFUY Levein you boring specky twat, the 'who the fucks he' trumpet who did the cupped ears to the Derry after being subbed, and the thirty year old perth virgin sticking 'saints on tour' stickers on lamp posts.

English singer and lyricist Morrissey gives a V-sign, in ...

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He could've fooled me! All pace, no skill or composure. Nice overhead kick tbf, but even with multiple 5 yard head starts on our CBs he never looked close to threatening us when he had the ball.

The exact opposite to how I saw it. 

3 hours ago, Sainthearted said:

“Both sides are just as bad”. Don’t do that.

Even when we win I still see a bit of grace and humility from our supporters, but there’s never any in sight from Dundee fans.

Good. Now f**k off. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

The problem is who do you drop? Sylla was magnificent today. If Mulligan could finesse it he could be a sensational RWB. 

Hes gonna have to target that position if he wants to play regularly 

Obvious weak spot needing someone to fill it

McGee should likewise make RCB his 

13 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

The exact opposite to how I saw it. 

Fair enough, but for me it was clear all game why St Johnstone have barely scored any goals away from home this season if this was their best  offering with a healthy striker core at this point in the season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Munro has consistently been the worst referee we've had on a consistent basis starting right from early in the season with the Mulligan red card.

This is a considerable leap in incompetence. It's one thing getting a football decision wrong but quite another allowing play to continue (regardless of who's in attack) whilst a player lies motionless on the ground after a blow to the back of the head.

Horrific.

Maybe the club should try a polite request for him to be removed from duty while the Mellon incident is investigated. It’s a major issue 

4 hours ago, Liam899 said:

When? I may be wrong but I’ve never seen you need any more than the shankly stand which is 3500. Thought Saints brought a bit of atmosphere to the game, fair play.

Shankly holds 3000 not 3500.

Edited by scotdee

21 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Hes gonna have to target that position if he wants to play regularly 

Obvious weak spot needing someone to fill it

McGee should likewise make RCB his 

For any young player, aiming to excel at either wing back slot seems a good plan. These guys have become so important in the current game. 

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

For any young player, aiming to excel at either wing back slot seems a good plan. These guys have become so important in the current game. 

Aim to be a winger. If yer shite you become a wingback.

NOBODY WANTS TO BE A GARY NEVILLE