Greenock Morton v Heart of Midlothian

No shame in that. It was largely inevitable that the game would be won or lost by a single superlative strike from either team - Hearts in the end showing their class and clinical ability to finish. An outstanding performance from us against a superior team who could well have sliced us wide open on another day. Congrats to Hearts - but we gave you our best shot. I'm really proud of our bargain-basement boys.

The bigot brothers not drawn against each other in the semis? Who would have fucking believed it? You'd almost believe it was fixed. Go on yersels Jambos. Win it. Hearts founded in 1874  - same as 1874-founded us, and the 1874 anniversary of the Scottish Cup. It's in the stars.

Edited by Chippyminton

Never in doubt. Not for a fraction of a split-second were the Good Guys (Hearts) in danger of anything other than a comfortable victory.

What an embarrassment Morton are. Chucking themselves to the floor at every opportunity, praying for throw-ins to fling aimlessly towards their cast of lumbering oafs in the box. Hopefully they can be retrospectively ejected from the Scottish Cup for sullying it with their odious presence. DELIGHTED that I can once again forget that they exist.

It's funny how the reporter is asking if Gordon thinks he's done enough to get in the Scotland squad, but he'll already know if he's been included.

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

No shame in that. It was largely inevitable that the game would be won or lost by a single superlative strike from either team - Hearts in the end showing their classand clinical ability to finish. An outstanding performance from us against a superior team who could well have sliced us wide open on another day. Congrats to Hearts - but we gave you you our best shot. I'm really proud of our boys.

The bigot brothers not drawn against each other in the semis? Who would have fucking believed it? You'd almost believe it was fixed. Go on yersels Jambos. Win it. It's 1874  -same as us. It's in the stars.

Celtic and Rangers have been drawn to play each other in the semi finals for the last two seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

The bigot brothers not drawn against each other in the semis? Who would have fucking believed it? You'd almost believe it was fixed.

Jesus wept. 

What in the name of the f**k was Broadfoot doing for that goal? He'd had a good game overall but f**k me, why is he considering stepping up to the ball, getting nowhere near then leaving Shankland in about 8 yards of space?

Couldn't really have asked for a better performance in the circumstances, but what a brutal goal to lose it. Hopefully we can replicate that performance level in the league until Oakley's back, we looked like ourselves again despite obviously missing him and Wilson.

Going to be some laugh tomorrow when the Scotland squad is announced and we realise Clarke was actually there to decide whether Ryan Mullen and Lewis Strapp are only being called up as cover or going straight in as first choice.

Edited by Dunning1874

What in the name of f**k was Robbie Muirhead doing for their goal? Weak, half arsed, then throwing himself to the deck for no reason at all.

Other than, a great performance from the team and we ran them closer than I expected us to. Hopefully we can carry that into the league and secure a playoff spot.

Thought Power was incredible tonight. The one outfield player who looked like he truly belonged playing against the top teams in scotland. What a transformation from him from the beginning of the season. 

We need to enjoy Ryan Mullen while we have him. If he hadn't had trouble with his thigh repeatedly through his young career then he'd be nowhere near Clyde and Morton. He's infinitely better than the two haddies Clark and Kelly that are in the Scotland squad. Not often you see a keeper at our level with no weakness to his game. This was him playing through yet another thigh injury as well. Majestic. 

All in all a really proud night under the lights at the old place and an excellent cup run. We will never know how we'd have got on if Oakley was fit but I can't help but feel that he'd have ragdolled that defence and got us up the pitch more than we managed to. 

47 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

The bigot brothers not drawn against each other in the semis? Who would have fucking believed it? You'd almost believe it was fixed.

What are the odds on them being drawn together in a semi final draw?

We played well, I'm proud of that. First 10-15 mins of the first half, was like watching us Vs Motherwell. After that, could tell we were missing Oakley and Wilson's pressing. That being said, we closed Hearts down well.

Second half was more like it, and it was only when we got leggy with no subs we lost out. The bench was like the start of the season and scarily light.

Gordon pulled off some great saves, especially from Strapp. Mullen didn't have to much to do til nearer the end but looked like his view was blocked for the goal from what I could tell on the TV.

Strapp, Power and Blues ran their socks off and the back line held strong.

Ref imho wasn't actually that bad for a change.

But seeing and hearing Cappielow rocking all night was tremendous.

Time to secure the playoffs. Looking forward to hospitality for the last game v Raith.

Mon eh Ton.

56 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Never in doubt. Not for a fraction of a split-second were the Good Guys (Hearts) in danger of anything other than a comfortable victory.

What an embarrassment Morton are. Chucking themselves to the floor at every opportunity, praying for throw-ins to fling aimlessly towards their cast of lumbering oafs in the box. Hopefully they can be retrospectively ejected from the Scottish Cup for sullying it with their odious presence. DELIGHTED that I can once again forget that they exist.

You must be DELIGHTED with the draw Tory boy, in the final either way. Enjoy your success xx

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

Fkn bellend

7 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Fkn bellend

Calm down mate and be proud of your team. Look at the cretin's profile pic. That's actually him. He's only on here roasting alone in his scheme bedsit because he can't pull a lassie and he couldn't afford to go to the game like a proper Hearts supporter.

Edited by Chippyminton

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

Careful now