Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell

We were rotten for the first half and a bit after, Shankland's goal was a proper spark though. We were miles the better team after that. Could've been 3 or 4 with no complaints.  Clark never had a save of note to make.

Vargas and Oda made a huge difference. 

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

At half-time I thought 2-0 Hearts was an absolute banker. Just had that feel about it.

I'm not sure we'd need to win any more games to finish third. A few strategic draws would likely see us over the line from here.

I agree. We could not win another game and I think 3rd is done.

31 minutes ago, DC92 said:

That Vargas goal was Skacelesque. Superb.

Aye, it really was. Kenny's come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of months, just like Niewenwhateverhisnameis. Both took a wee bit of time to settle in, but now look really valuable to the team.

Stuffy first half, Motherwell sat in and Hearts were too happy to play it sideways. Real lack of creativity and movement. Lembisika rightly hooked at HT.

Better team won, Motherwell had a wee spell at the start of the second half but were too deep to be too much of a threat. 

Shankland is ridiculous,  we need another option though as he can't play every minute. Third pretty much wrapped up.

2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

Stuffy first half, Motherwell sat in and Hearts were too happy to play it sideways. Real lack of creativity and movement. Lembisika rightly hooked at HT.

Better team won, Motherwell had a wee spell at the start of the second half but were too deep to be too much of a threat. 

Shankland is ridiculous,  we need another option though as he can't play every minute. Third pretty much wrapped up.

You mean the team with a fuckload more resources and probably 3 x the wage bill of Motherwell won. Then that is probably more accurate. 

I thought we would concede before we did. In truth for all the possession Hearts had they did not trouble us much before our CB went missing for the hundredth time this season. 

I thought we played well defensively until we did not. I also thought we were on top from 45 to 60 minutes but lack of a Van Veen or Biereth type player that could take advantage. In some parallel universe we would have had both of the aforementioned strikers on the pitch today. Were it nor for the fact that Arsenal are twats and we have no money at all. The biggest difference (ref budget) was the Hearts substitutes did make a difference. Our subs rarely do.

Not sour grapes at all. Hearts are the 3rd best team by some distance and are a mile away from the basket cases that Hibs and Aberdeen currently resemble despite the wage bill they also have. 

Thank you Motherwell you were perfect guests

you; turned up made it a serious contest of it but weren’t quite good enough to actually deny us the 3 points . That’s what you want from a home fixture 

I suspect that you haven’t got enough time left to catch Dundee in the top 6 but good luck trying.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Thank you Motherwell you were perfect guests

you; turned up made it a serious contest of it but weren’t quite good enough to actually deny us the 3 points . That’s what you want from a home fixture 

I suspect that you haven’t got enough time left to catch Dundee in the top 6 but good luck trying.

Sadly our sights are set a lot lower than catching Dundee this season. Keeping Ross county at arms length will do us and we can reset after that 👍

5 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Sadly our sights are set a lot lower than catching Dundee this season. Keeping Ross county at arms length will do us and we can reset after that 👍

You’ve got to have a dream, if you don’t have a dream then how you gonna have a dream come true 

On the other hand we’re now stuck between the implausible dream of closing an 11 point gap on Celtic and the utter nightmare of blowing a 14 point lead over Killie

Wish us luck

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It looked like a lunge, the clip didn’t show any follow through.  I think (sometimes) the ref gets criticised for giving a decision the way he sees it.  VAR doesn’t help him here.  It happens, inconsequential in the end.

46 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You’ve got to have a dream, if you don’t have a dream then how you gonna have a dream come true 

On the other hand we’re now stuck between the implausible dream of closing an 11 point gap on Celtic and the utter nightmare of blowing a 14 point lead over Killie

Wish us luck

Agreed it’s really not much of a dream at all. But this is where we are this season. We have slashed the budget and managed to stay competitive in most games. 

I think you will finish 3rd quite comfortably. I expect St Mirren and Killie to both fall away.